Do staff not care about Kitpvp?

Discussion in 'General' started by MrScopes, Jan 1, 2018.

1. MrScopes

MrScopes Member

MrScopes
    Ok so you should all know there are hella hackers on kitpvp
    I asked a staff member to come on kitpvp and look at the hackers, they come on and go into /gmsp and sit for 10 seconds, then goes back to skyblock. All of the staff members always just roam around on skyblock. I went to skyblock and asked if a staff will come on kitpvp and they ignored me. I waited about 30 sec and asked again. It repeated for about 2 more mins so I just gave up.

#1 MrScopes, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. AriewanV2

AriewanV2 Member

I highly doubt the staff team are purposely ignoring you, especially with a perpetrator. Most likely I would think that they are AFK. With the part of them joining and leaving the only possible answer I can think of is that the player might have not been cheating or had turned their hacks off but then again this is only a speculation.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, I can see your frustrations as sometimes there are 4-6 staff on skyblock alone while no other game mode has staff.

#2 AriewanV2, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  3. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    There are too many staff members for skyblock and not really a ton for other servers. I think when new members apply we should really consider being more lenient when they're not skyblock orientated.

This has been said before that staff doesn't care about kitpvp. Tbh this is because staff arnt comfortable enough with catching hackers. We need staff that are specific for kitpvp. That's hard though because not a lot of people that apply for staff apply specifically for kitpvp.

In my opinion kitpvp cannot be a sole game mode. It's a side to a larger one.

4. Mirdori

Mirdori Well-Known Member

Mirdori
    God
    Well yea obviously there are hackers on kitpvp. But first of all you can record aswell and make a ticket with your proof. Also some staff members are busy helping others and that might be the reason they "ignored" you. Yet I doubt anyone would really ignore you if you would /msg that person. Also saying "there are hackers on kitpvp" doesn't really help us out, we need names if else we waste our time aswell (which could be used to help others).

5. Lucas S.

schottler3
    Veteran
    Maybe I should've added that was personal opinion. No clue that it would be drilled. Geez

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Krakhis

Krakhis Well-Known Member

Krakhis
    Invader
    Howdy Mr. Scopes, I'm sorry about your poor experience.

I do not know if I was on when you requested help but I would like to let you in on a few things as being a moderator.
    First off, Becto has anywhere from 500-1000 people on at one time, which makes for a lot of conversation.
    Secondly, at various points, I might be trying to deal with 5 people PMing me, therefore, I am not watching public chat.
    Thirdly, like it's been said, it is much easier to PM a mod as this tends to stand out in normal chat (and with chat mods, it creates a tab for me).
    Fourthly, too often we have people go, "Hacker in KitPVP, come quick" and when we ask for more information, that person has left. Mods do not like going in to KitPVP blind. We like to usually at least know who we are looking for, and possibly, what we are looking for.
    Fifth-ly? Catching hackers is hard, why? Cause we have a MOD tag. When a mod comes on the server, many of the 'hackers' shut off the hacks. We also have to submit proof of them hacking, which means watching them and recording them, which, if they shut it off, no cookie.
    Six-ly? You are defintiely welcome to record and upload a proper recording of them doing the hacks just as well, and most likely, have better chances since you aren't carrying a 'MOD' tag.
    Seven-ly? You know how many times I've been told someone is hacking just because they are better than the people they are fighting? If someone loses on a regular basis they start yelling 'Hacker' cause they cannot cope with it. True, I understand it's not every person that does it, but it actually happens more than you think.

I'll give it to you that I do not feel comfortable banning people that are hacking, you're right, but I have nothing against coming in there and recording the accused person and if I find anything questionable, to let fellow staff review the video. But that doesn't mean that I've ignored the requester. Too many people need to get off their high-horse and understand that we would prefer to take a little extra time in banning someone that we have proof is guilty, than banning someone that is wholly innocent.

Also to the remarks about too many mods in skyblock... Skyblock is friendly and fun. It's a more welcoming server than the others, hence why many mods drift there. One can only kitpvp for so long before burning out on it. And honestly, I'm not a fan of the culture. I'd probably mute/ban 1/2 the people any given time if we didn't have rules in place due to the temperament of the players, but alas, we have rules and standards for moderators.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. majestuosoSlime

majestuosoSlime Well-Known Member

As of lately, there has been an increase of staff presence on kitpvp which is amazing and while a whole lot of players don't show it, they're grateful that kitpvp is being cared about more. Two staff members that come to my mind are Skizzles and Sam as I've seen them do an excellent job banning hackers left and right and being on daily. They'll always be hackers on any gamemode, however, due to the nature of kitpvp being a competitive gamemode that it is it will always have more hackers compared to a survival or creative server. There have been a few encounters with staff where I've messaged them (to make sure they're not afk) and once they respond, I message that staff member with the name of hacker and what server and they'll just ignore it. I knew the staff member was ignoring it because it happened two or three times where they'll just end up not responding or not go to the kitpvp server (this is after I have already confirmed the staff member isn't afk and saw that staff member is typing in chat). My theory is that some staff members aren't informed like others on what hacks look like therefore are afraid of false banning a player that would result in receiving ridicule which would explain why those staff members are rarely seen on factions or kitpvp. Hopefully, this will get addressed properly so staff members can receive some training on the general hacks. Lastly, I feel like Becto should implement a report command (I really can't stress this enough) because players will call out another player hacking in which the hacker will then be more cautious thus making the staff member have a more difficult time getting proof. There are arguments to be made on both sides of the command being implemented and like I've stated numerous times, I strongly believe the pros outweigh the cons.

#7 majestuosoSlime, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. Icy_slime

Icy_slime Member

Icy_slime
    Invader
    There are many hackers yes but you can always take matters into your own hands and report them

9. Mark Ouellette

AmericanPsycho_
    there are way too many hackers to record and ban. the auto ban feature may need to tweaking or updating to help. if my pc was good enough to record I could record multiple hackers and report them but by the time I did that there would be more. reporting does not do enough. it bans a few but more join anyways. personally I don't think mods should require video proof of hackers they are trusted with ban permission anyways.

10. Lucas S.

schottler3
    Veteran
    You would be surprised how many mistakes are made. *sad cough*

11. Mark Ouellette

AmericanPsycho_
    auto ban already banned one of my friends while he was lagging.

12. MarshMelody

MarshMelody Active Member

IsSumTingWong
    God
    I would strongly discourage removing the requirement of gathering video proof as it can obviously lead to a lot of false bans and what if a player demands an unban? What would we do then without proof?

Well yes, the anticheat does have some false positives. But have you guys seen any pvp server that has a perfect anti-cheat? Cuz from my knowledge, there will always be some false bans (,: like for example: velt, where I was banned by their anti-cheat a month ago and had to talk to a staff to solve the issue.

In addition to that, not all the staffs are comfortable catching hackers quite yet, some prefer moderating the chat as well as answering questions and others like to catch hackers like me. Also, on a side note, I apologize for being inactive for the past month but will soon try to be more active especially on kitpvp. ❤️

13. Mark Ouellette

AmericanPsycho_
    I defenitly agree that no anti cheat is perfect, but is there any good ways to counter hackers while staff or not as active or such?

14. Lucas S.

schottler3
    Veteran

15. BowMcGee

BowMcGee Member

_hd_
    Allow me to give you some insight into this matter, even though I've only stumbled upon this server 4 days ago. I have however been playing minecraft since 2011, and I've been a Mod and then Admin (for about 4 years) on a server that runs since 2010. This been said, many time have I issued the ban command followed by its appropriate consideration.

Even though the server size isnt quite the same, the principle is.

To the regular player:
    - If you care for the server, its everyone's duty to patrol it. This means not doing anything you wouldnt like to see someone else do, report those in the wrong, be helpful to new players.
    - Focusing more on the kitpvp thing, it can be a touchy matter as connection and server attributes can play a big role in the evaluation of someone's actions. It takes time, there's no easy way to go about it, lots of hours playing the game, every different aspect of it, to know when someone is trully cheating. And people that have this knowledge before hand are the toughest to catch, as they know what looks touchy and what doesnt, those known as "togglers".

To the staff:
    - The moment you applied for staff, you accepted that your experience of the server would drastically change. Yes, you dont get paid, yes this isnt a job, but you're staff, you have capabilites others dont, and you agreed to it all when you applied. So yes you are granted your play time, but if you want to keep the server growing, which means catching new commers and keeping old ones, constant monotorization is necessary. Cheaters cannot have it their way, and some of them do for a large period of time.
    - No player is innocent. Regardless of their time on the server, their rank, their contribution, sadly everyone can turn on the cheats if they so decide. The server moves on.
    - Surely you have a way to log on to a server without anyone knowing, and someone of your time playing the server is literally watching others playing it, sometimes innocently, other times not so much.
    - Banning shouldnt be a complicated subject, hiring someone as staff is a difficult and important process, but this means that they will be a capable person, which is trusted enough to be staff, so should their decisions. I reported a player the other day with blatant evidence and it took some 2 hours to process it with plenty of staff on in the forums.

All I've played has been KitPvp and I can confirm that the amount of cheaters is out of this world. Very rare staff support, and the bans are pittyful. 3 days? 7 days? This isnt enough punishment for those that decide to put cheats on. This almost says that you dont care if you have cheaters playing in your server, but you have to ban them still or else it would cause an outrage.

My 2 cents

#15 BowMcGee, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  16. Venerg

Venerg Mod

Venerg
    Mod
    [
    I can agree that the staff support on KitPvP is low. But not all staff members like to watch players houres up on houres, + they have to gether proof of the person hacking.

3-7 days ban is a 1ste ban of the person if catched by staff. Anti-cheat ban = permban

The staff team does care, but there will always be cheaters and they will always improve wheter they are closet cheaters or blatant cheaters.

~ Venerg

17. BowMcGee

BowMcGee Member

_hd_
    @Venerg

1 - Read the part of my message directed at staff. Plus if you hop on kitpvp for about 30 minutes, you can catch about 5 cheaters

2 - Should be the other way around, the anti cheat can false ban while a staff ban is most likely going to be genuine

3 - What you say may be true, but that almost a cheater mentality, "oh there are plenty others, im just another one, plus the bans arent that bad, i can do 3 days". Thats a snowball, keeps getting worse

#17 BowMcGee, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  18. Venerg

Venerg Mod

Venerg
    Mod
    Staff members can still make mistakes, thats why they have to get proof of the person hacking before they are allowed to ban the person. This is maynnot the best system but is necessary to make sure that staff members don’t abuse their powers.

Hacking is a 7 day ban (if catched by a staff member). But every offense after this ban will be a longer ban.

If you want to tag me use my forum name @LetMeKnow :-P

~ Venerg

19. improudidonthack

Bdyy
    God
    they do care its just head to monitor every server cause staff can have diffrent timezones

20. Lucas S.

schottler3
    Veteran
    Anti-Cheat hacking bans are 7d first time.
    Anti-Cheat chargeback is a perm ban.