Died from Glitch.

Discussion in 'Report Issues' started by 1TapStephen, Feb 12, 2019 at 1:45 AM.

1. 1TapStephen

1TapStephen Member

stepheniii
    Plus
    I was coming home to build some more of my cactus farm, our /f home is on Bedrock and since i have pretty bad internet, i lagged when coming home which is normal and then it just said i died (I fell through the bedrock) and I clicked respawn and only had my god set, god axe and my god sword left. I also lost a Reaper 2 Pickaxe with Excavation 1, 2 Reaper Keys and like 15 Crapples (Which doesn't really matter). Oh and a Sentimental Level (10 to 9) on all of them.

2. Warrior356

Warrior356 Well-Known Member

Warrior356
    God
    Do you have screenshots or any video proof of the items mentioned above ?

3. 1TapStephen

1TapStephen Member

stepheniii
    Plus
    Unfortunately not, it’s just a random glitch and the chances of me recording are slim, I might be able to recreate the glitch as it happened again 10 or so minutes later (I ended up just moving the /f home to the second layer of the base.

4. Warrior356

Warrior356 Well-Known Member

Warrior356
    God
    If you manage to recreate it recorded and uploaded here for staff to investigate.

5. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    Seems to me that your internet caused you to lag into the floor... since its void it killed you. Even if you had evidence, staff do not replace items especially where its the players fault. Staff do not control ur internet connection so not much they can do.

6. Exandral

Exandral Member

Exandral
    That sucks my dude. I feel for you. Like the previous post's have said you most likely won't get anything back. I wouldn't consider this a 'glitch' really. More of a lag? You could try to change your video settings in game to make it run more smooth with the internet. But also check to make sure you're running the proper version of Minecraft for your server. Just an example. If you load the latest version of minecraft and go into the survival server... you can still play, but little things bug out. You can't walk through doors, you might set your home spawn at 100 100 100 and it tps you to 100 99 100 because a certain block was near you etc. Also try moving you 'home' to a more safe location. Hope I helped you!

<Ex3

7. 1TapStephen

1TapStephen Member

stepheniii
    Plus
    How is this my fault, I set my /f home on a safe block, and because they changed the bedrock to only be 1 thick instead of the random 2-5 I ended up falling through, even if this isn’t a glitch it can be used to fall into bases from above which would infact be considered a glitch, so how are the 2 different.

8. 1TapStephen

1TapStephen Member

stepheniii
    Plus
    I can’t get any better internet where I live, 0.5 Mb up/down.
    I get 800+ frames it’s just the internet.

9. MRLEGOBlox

MRLEGOBlox Active Member

MRLEGOBlox
    God
    this happened to me last night during the chat spam episode of everyone being banned from the server. As all the names were scrolling up the page, I did /f home and upon arrival fell thru the bedrock and lost all my gear. Not complaining or asking for a refund. Just a heads up. I wish i had a recorder running.

10. auns

auns Well-Known Member

auns
    God
    This has happened to me on server join on skyblock, kitpvp, and survival numerous times without having any lag issues. Several other people have this happen all the time as well. It's definitely a glitch, but has gone unfixed. If you have no video evidence of what you had before/after, there's not likely anything that will be done. The only suggestion I have is when you go AFK or leave the server, take off armor and empty your inventory of anything important you have in your echest or somewhere else safe. I lost a sentimental 10 set on skyblock by joining and instantly dying, so at least your sentimental worked! :-P

11. Exandral

Exandral Member

Exandral
    I was giving you suggestions on things you can do since you have bad internet. Not telling you to get better internet. If you continue to try and play, and you loose things because YOUR internet, then it's not becto's fault or responsibility. I'm sorry it happened to you but like I was saying since you're /f is on bedrock, and you have low internet, either move your base or try changing you're graphics settings so that the internet that you have pulls less information and works more smooth. Make sure you're in the correct version of minecraft. SkyBlocks works best in 1.12 and survival works best in 1.8 and etc. Mess around with everything so you can get the best experience that works with your internet.