Days to god rank (math)

Discussion in 'General' started by QuentinPlaysMC, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuentinPlaysMC

QuentinPlaysMC
    The god rank is a 0.2% chance to get from a vote crate.
    0.2% = 1/500
    You can vote 5 times a day (Maybe less depending on how late in the day you vote)
    Every vote gives 5 vote keys (one per votable gamemode, factions, kitpvp, survival, skyblock, prison, creative doesn't have vote keys)
    5*5=25
    500/25=20
    thus it is a 1/20 chance every day to get god rank.
    so on average, not accounting for vote parties, you should expect to get god rank in 20 days of voting (it could take more or less, especially due to VoteParties)

Also if you had an alt you might be able to get more vote keys and just give them to your main? I am not sure about this one because I do not have an alt, but it seems like if you just switched over to a different browser to vote and used an alt instead of your account you could get more vote keys from it.

Anyways, happy voting!

2. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    God
    Mathematical chances are different from reality.

3. QuentinPlaysMC

QuentinPlaysMC
    that is why i said "on average", you're not actually that likely to get it on the 20th day exactly, but you should expect to get it within around 20-25 days of voting.
    You could get it on the first key you use, but its unlikely, but also going months of voting without getting one is also very unlikely.
    This is just a mathematical fun fact, really, there's no actual purpose to it.

4. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed
    God
    There's only been several people in the span Becto has had God in the crate, so yes, it's very likely to go months, even years without getting it :-P

5. QuentinPlaysMC

QuentinPlaysMC
    Since 'likely' has to do with chance, that would either mean that they are not using their keys on every gamemode and voting every day, or that the chance shown is not the actual chance (which may be the case, but the former seems more probable,) sure it's possible to go months of optimal voting without getting it, but it isn't very likely unless the chance is a lie.
    And it might not be widely known that you get 5 keys from 1 vote.

6. Dash

Dash Well-Known Member

SaltyDash
    God
    You also have to account for the other items per vote key. Some items might have a 30% chance, so those items get chosen over the 0.2% God rank. You get can get up to 30 vote keys per day from voting (one link is every 12 hours), and with vote parties and buying keys from other players you can rake in a lot of vote keys each and every day.
    Also only around 5-10 players have gotten God rank from a vote crate that I am aware of. With that being said, with the thousands of vote keys opened everyday, you can expect to not get the vote crate God rank anytime soon.
    Now I wish I could get God rank from a vote crate even though I’ve already bought God, but having an in-game way to get God is nice enough. And you can get God from gems don’t forget that!

7. QuentinPlaysMC

QuentinPlaysMC
    Oh, interesting, I would've thought that the chances all added up to 100% (i never checked)
    in that case though, the crate system is kind of broken as the chances are all inaccurate.

#7 QuentinPlaysMC, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  8. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed
    God
    The chances are not inaccurate. The percentage stated is your chance of receiving that item. If the percentage is 30%, you have a 30% chance to receive that item.

9. QuentinPlaysMC

QuentinPlaysMC
    i just checked, the percentages add up to more than 100% and you can only get 1 reward per crate, thus what you are saying is very literally impossible.
    The crate percentages should be modified to add up to 100%, so that what you see in the preview is not inaccurate. (or allow for multiple rewards from crates but this server seems way too set on P2W for that to happen.)

#9 QuentinPlaysMC, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  10. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed
    God
    As I said before, it's the chance to receive that item. Not everything is based on the typical 0 to 100% scale.

11. QuentinPlaysMC

QuentinPlaysMC
    but probability always is 0-100%, and since you can only get one item per crate, the probabilities all should add up to 100%, but the preview displays something different than the actual chances.
    It is quite challenging to know the probability of getting the items otherwise because you would have to add up the percent chances of all of the items and figure out the probabilities from that, which is something most people (including myself) probably don't know how to do, and it just makes it uneccicarily confusing.

12. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    The god rank is a .2% chance in its own category in the vote crate so its more like .02% chance.

13. Marvelous

Marvelous Guest

I've been trying to get God from the vote crate ever since I joined the server, which was like a year ago and several months.

14. pFET

pFET Well-Known Member

pFET
    Veteran
    I did the math for it and it is a .0005% chance to get it on prison. I don't know about the other servers, but to calculate it add all of the percentage values and then take .2% and divide it by the total of the percentages.

15. QuokkaSalamander

QuokkaSalamander Active Member

TheeSplashar
    Veteran
    the same thing is seen much larger in the spawners

16. 10scorpion19

10scorpion19 Well-Known Member

10scorpion19
    God
    Jetpuffed is correct even though it could take a month according to mathematical chances, there is still the fact that its reality. Its not like vote every day and in a month, GOD rank is your reward.

17. Ungial

Ungial Member

Ungial
    Okay.

Regards,

18. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed
    God
    Please don't necropost. Closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.