Cloudeh_

Discussion in 'Pending applications' started by Cloudy, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloudy

Cloudy Mod

Cloudeh_
    Mod
    How long you have been playing Becto.net

I honestly couldn’t say, I would guess early 2016/late 2015. I was young when I started playing so I can’t exactly say. I have had breaks (after resigning, playing other games, etc.) but I came back a couple of months ago, actively playing on the server. I suppose you could combine my playtime and level with my alternate account’s as I used the two interchangeably: http://prntscr.com/o33q17 and http://prntscr.com/o33q8s

upload_2019-6-17_22-31-49.png

How often you are online for

I have just came out of my GCSE exams and last year of secondary/high school, going into a long-anticipated summer break. I was less active during my examinations, which were over 3-4 weeks. But now I am online for most of the day with lots of free time supplied by my summer break. I am in the GMT time zone and I get a lot of playtime in the early portion of the day (around 7am onward) which is when most staff, being American, tend to go to sleep. I usually head off to play other games with friends later in the day, but I can definitely dedicate that time to Becto if necessary (which I feel like it might be).

I plan to possibly get a job, I’m undecided yet. It shouldn’t take up too much time for me as I am a minor and won’t have very long hours. I also have a week-long holiday coming up, and I’ll be sure to notify everyone necessary if I am accepted, but I will definitely be available on forums and Discord.

What game modes you are most active on

A majority of my time on Becto has been spent on KitPvP, I have always had an interest in PvP in general and enjoyed Becto’s interpretation of the game mode the most out of any server. I still keep it as my most active game mode. I have also, like many, fallen for Survival’s new update and I keep active on there too. I have had a history in Skyblock but less activity recently as I’ve fallen out of touch for it.

I, admittedly, have weak hours on Prison and Factions. I never enjoyed Prison. I have played a couple of seasons of Becto’s Factions awhile ago. Before joining Becto, I played a primarily Factions server (CosmicPvP), so I do understand the nature of the game mode and what it incites.

Why are you right for the job? How can you contribute to the team?

I believe the most I bring is experience. I have been playing Becto for a relatively long time and have also been staff for more than a year. As staff, I have accumulated more than a 1000 restrictions across all game modes. From that and spectating rule-breaking behaviour as a player, I have learnt a lot about the mindset of rule-breakers. I am most proficient in catching and identifying cheaters, due to my dedication to KitPvP and (a long time ago) hacking on other servers myself. I am capable in differentiating good players from secretive cheaters, judging minute actions and their character. I was always sure to get sufficient evidence on cheaters before I restricted them and was able to explain anything that I identified that other staff couldn’t. I was often approached by other staff to give a final opinion on videos of suspicious players.

Being staff and active on KitPvP has lead me to a lot of encounters to toxic players on the server. I have learned that toxic players can be categorised as players rightfully angry and players only seeking to provoke arguments and be insensitive. Therefore, I was always sure to tackle these sort of players methodically.

Even when I wasn’t staff, I always helped players in chat. I have gone out of my way to either demonstrate certain mechanics of the server to other players, direct players to appropriate departments or provide instructions on how to use commands and such. I have enough experience on every game mode to provide adequate help (that staff can provide) on any commands, mechanics or features.

It has been awhile since I was staff but I believe I have improved a lot to be staff and retained most of the skills I have learnt since then. When I staff, I was quite young and made some very stupid mistakes that I still remember from far-too-long ago, but using those mistakes and growing in the real world has taught me to be a lot more professional and attentive to my actions. I understand what it takes to be a staff member and I have developed the respective qualities as staff, like putting up with provocative players, time management and dealing with stressful situations. I would like to say that going through my exams have helped develop these qualities.

Have you ever been banned or muted?

I have never had a proper restriction on my account(s); all restrictions on my accounts are jokes from when I was staff.

A little about yourself. (Where are you from, do you study… etc.)

My name is Harvey and I’m 16 from England. As I’ve said, I’ve just finished my last year of High School and will be heading into sixth form/college where I’ll be studying computer science and history. As well as Maths and English, I enjoy all of those subjects and hope to use them later in life. I am somewhat academically successful (never liked science) and I have been awarded an ‘Outstanding Achiever’ award from a local organisation looking for hard-working students. I mostly play Minecraft or other games with friends at the moment. We’re currently trying to beat a horror game called ‘Pacify’.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    You were a good staff member back then, and you will be a good one now too. You have a lot of experience as a staff member, and you are an all around good guy. +1

3. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be staff.

You have the qualities of staff, as well as the knowledge of the server and the community.

God Save the Queen. +1

4. Makeb

Makeb Well-Known Member

Makeb
    God
    Yes! I remember the time you were one of the staff! Nice and cool too!

+1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Dreamwreath_

Dreamwreath_ Well-Known Member

OnlyInDreams
    God
    +1 You were one of my favorite staff members while you were staff, and I would like to see you as staff again.

6. Cloudy

Cloudy Mod

Cloudeh_
    Mod
    Thank you, but please add some more to your reply:
    upload_2019-6-18_7-16-13.png

7. Minionator03

Minionator03 Active Member

Minionator05
    Raider
    Good application and lots of experience. Good luck +1

8. QuiteShallow

QuiteShallow Admin

QuiteShallow
    Admin
    +1

This was unexpected but Im actually really happy you are re-applying Harv!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    God
    An unexpected, yet pleasant surprise. You have my support, +1. You were great when you were staff.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    Looks like you got a lot of experience with all gamemodes.
    I've seen you online many times so you're super active on the server aswell.

so +1 from me.

11. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    Raider
    were a great staff member before and I know you will be a great one once again! Can't wait for you to be back <3 +1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    Would be great to have you back on the team! +1

13. Dartino15

Dartino15 Well-Known Member

Dartino19
    God
    +1

I remember you being staff a while ago and you were doing your job very well. As long as you can do it again, and keep the activity up, I see no reason to give you a Neutral or -1.

14. Cloudy

Cloudy Mod

Cloudeh_
    Mod
    Definitely. I have a reborn interest in Minecraft and I feel like I'll be able to perform better than when I was previously staff. Thank you for the comment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Great then, great now, active on kitpvp, if this player had applied for first time, it would be a -1 due to not understanding all gamemodes, but catching 1000+ hackers, on all servers during your past time as staff, speaks for itself. Personally, you have been a very fun player on kitpvp, never toxic, always having a little fun with everyone. Great addition to staff team, make a senior admin position for them +1

16. Mildsawss

Mildsawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    Accepted

Moving to pending, keep an eye on your tickets for more information soon, please!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.