Bunnaz

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by bunnaz, Feb 22, 2019.

1. bunnaz

bunnaz Well-Known Member

Bunnaz
    God
    About me
    For those of you who do know me, looking forward to hearing from you. I'll hear you out regardless of where we stand in Factions.
    For those of you who don't know me, hi, my name is Bunnaz. I'm a 21 year old from California who enjoys playing Minecraft between University classes. Yes, I'm a sweaty. I've played Becto since Factions Season 5 where I led BLACKNWHITE. This season, I am playing with QuickDrop which has some awesome players in it. We're aiming to hit #1, and if you play factions, we're coming for you. I sometimes play on KitPVP but I prefer Factions much more to every other server.

Stats
    I have been playing Becto for four-ish months and have been playing Minecraft since beta. My Becto stats are below, please ignore my KDR. I play everyday anywhere from two to eight hours on weekdays and up to fourteen hours per day on weekends. Minecraft is basically my dayjob and I am not ashamed to admit that if Minecraft was a woman, I would marry her.

[​IMG]

Sidenote: my alt has a playtime of 2 weeks, 5 days, 21 hours as of this posting.

Past Disciplinary Actions
    3 day mute for putting my faction's Discord in public chat (/f c p instead of /f c f, oops). No longer active.

Why Bunnaz?
    Leading with my strengths, I'm crazy active. I basically nolife this game when I am not studying and am frequently on during hours when other staff members are not. Playing factions for years (also mentioning my position as Leader of a 69k member clan on ROBLOX) has given me a levelheaded approach with dealing with combatitive players and I have learned the most effective manner to deal with parties who are upset. Around five years ago, I was a garbage faction leader and mini-mod for Elysian (factions server) until it shut down. This experience taught me that there's a distinct difference between work and play, I would not use my powers to censor or abuse my in-game opponents but to maintain and uphold Becto's rules and standards of conduct. While I enjoy posting for fun and messing around, sometimes a situation calls for proper grammar and clear communication over casual interactions. My past posts will show this described mix of communication and confirm that I maintain professionalism when merited.

I want to address the criticism that I may not have a grasp on how to handle situations in non-Factions/KitPVP servers because I play them less. I understand that like Factions and KitPVP, each server has unique moderation requirements when it comes to gangs, faction names, and commands that display globally when used. I have no doubt that I will be able to effectively handle situations in Survival and Creative because of my extensive Minecraft history but I will not shy away from the fact that I am unfamiliar with Skyblock and Prison specific mechanics. Global mechanics such as inappropriate names, skins, chat spam, ect. is something that I am comfortable with handling globally.

I used to work in the IT industry and even had made my own community for video games, so I get how the game functions on a mechanical level and conflict resolution. Video games have always been a passion of mine and I'd love to help out the Becto community by diverting some of my playtime time outwards to ensure a safe and welcoming community to all players.

That's me in a nutshell, looking forward to hearing from you.

2. Allehsaur

Allehsaur Well-Known Member

Allehsaur
    God
    From my personal experiences with you, you are very immature and pushy, which I have brought up to you before. You tried to convince me to add you on discord after I've said no multiple times and you even brought this up in public chat. You also bypassed your mute on your alt account to try to get me to add your discord which I didn't report as I didn't know it was your alt at the time so I didn't screen the conversation. I also think a staff member should know at least the basics of every server so they can help on every server if needed. Seeing as I've brought up some of these reasons to you just 2 days ago I don't think you have grown/learned so -1.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    Very good application, however I do not personally know you as when I was Staff I barely saw you speak in chat. Neutral

4. monkaKnife

monkaKnife Well-Known Member

monkaKnife
    God
    Let me start off by saying good application, it is well written, but I don't think anyone who is a leader of a faction as immature as yours should be a staff member due to the conflict of interest.

I also don't think you can remain unbias based on the glimpses of immaturity I've seen from you in the past. That's a huge problem considering you are

5. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    Well written, like really well written. But like everyone else said, you are kinda immature.

6. Dreamwreath_

Dreamwreath_ Well-Known Member

OnlyInDreams
    God
    -1 The application is good, but because of the reasons stated above I'm going to have to go with a -1.

7. Dreamwreath_

Dreamwreath_ Well-Known Member

OnlyInDreams
    God
    fricking heck i messed up i put two -1

• Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  8. Meta Knight

Meta Knight Active Member

Morpho_Knight
    God
    First off, this application layout looks good but other that factions how often do you play kitpvp and the other servers?

The reason why I'm asking this is because heck I like having someone being really active in factions, but I also like to see the potential staff member have basic knowledge over the other servers aswell to have a nice ground cover over rules and such.

As a factions player I like how you work differently from other players that I have previous knowledge of (Tyco, Bobross, Klan). In which when making deals you like to have both sides have the information about X deal to prevent any type of fraud. Another example is taking things into private conversation and then relay to us the info you have established with set.

At the moment I'll stay neutral until then.

9. bunnaz

bunnaz Well-Known Member

Bunnaz
    God
    Addressing some of the comments about immaturity:
    Glad to see positive feedback about professionalism in my post. I play Minecraft to have fun, and know how to separate professional from personal. I'm very relaxed in game and go out of my way to keep it light and competitively playful most of the time - I don't plan on changing my personality. I understand that representing Becto would require conscious actions to maintain a positive image for the server and I will ensure I take precautions to not misrepresent the community.

I'm running a fifty-six account faction right now that has been consistently in top 10. Fixty-six. This is not because of random luck but of regimented discipline, tight communication, and hard work. I've shown that my professional playfulness is not just compatible with the high expectations of the players, but welcomed. If I were to be accepted as a staff member, I would ensure that my actions run congruent with my desire to remain staff. This means not abusing powers to promote myself or my faction - trust me, I know people will watch closely.

I have a rudimentary knowledge of all of the severs as follows:

1. I play KitPVP every so often with friends or to wind down for the night, probably around 5-10 hours per week is spent in KitPVP. Currently working on a new P4U3 set since I wiped a few sessions ago. RIP
    2. On Prison, I am on Mine C, which takes around 7 hours of gameplay. I don't really enjoy it, so I don't play it, but
    3. Skyblock is the cousin of Factions and I don't play it on Becto, but I used to play Skyblock on another server so I know the basics of Islands.
    4. Creative is really only used for testing designs that I will use in Factions, so it's only used as-needed. I've had years of Vanilla experience in both Survival and in Creative mode, so I know what to look for.
    5. I don't play Survival on Becto but I have years of Vanilla experience under my belt so I know how to recognize when an account is acting suspicious or if the server has low TPS due to lag machines.

10. Dr-BooSa

Dr-BooSa Active Member

Kxju
    Plus
    Id say a +1 be cause from my prespective you seem mature and kind, but you should play more on other servers skyblock, survival and etc to have a knowledge of all the rules.

11. Softhez

Softhez Well-Known Member

_Soft
    God
    I’ll give you a +1 because I’ve noticed that you could be a good staff member if you pull yourself together.

12. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    I agree with what some of the others have said. -1

13. monkaKnife

monkaKnife
    God
    There's nothing you've done to make me earn your trust. In fact, you've done just the opposite.

During the purge, your faction members gave armor to a player that was previously banned and bypassing on a VPN. You must have known this was occurring considering that the player was talking about it in general chat in your discord.
    [​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/ba4d34c7521c068c5d6f49baaf0ea4ad
    Why did you allow this to happen? Why did you not report it the days prior to the purge?
    In my opinion, your entire faction should have received some punishment for this, including yourself. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    If you didn't stop this from occurring, what would make me think that you wouldn't turn a blind eye to a faction member breaking the rules? I mean you've already done it in the past, and I'm sure you are aware that cheating in the purge results in a perm ban.

If you try and claim this didn't happen/you didn't know about it, I have screenshots of your faction co-leaders admitting it in public chat. So, please just answer my questions directly.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  14. Skizzles

ISkizzlesI
    God
    Honestly I would love to see the screenshots on this.... the jerk who hacked and used a VPN ruined the purge for lots of people.

15. monkaKnife

monkaKnife
    God

Attached Files:

16. Skizzles

ISkizzlesI
    God
    Honestly I would restrict those who knew... at least a 1 month ban, treat it as exploiting... exploiting the event to mask cheating as staff are busy. Oh by the way I change to -1
    Failure to report faction members for rule breaking.

17. hobikenobi69

hobikenobi69 Well-Known Member

wulz
    God
    sorry but that sexy guy that was on a vpn wasn't hackin

• Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  18. bunnaz

bunnaz Well-Known Member

Bunnaz
    God
    Hi monkaKnife,

I have a vested personal interest in ensuring that players don't cheat. I don't want my base x-rayed or my gear stolen by a player unfairly. If you had asked me about this prior to this thread, I would have been happy to give you any information I could as well as condemn rule-breaking actions supported by substantial evidence. I believe you have my Discord, I would still would welcome a conversation about when these conversations happened so that you can compile a report. In the meantime, I would direct you to opening a ticket. Do not accuse players of hacking publicly. Click here to report a hacker.

19. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    If you have a vested personal interest ensuring players don't cheat than you would have reported your faction member who's openly admitting it in your discord. However you didn't, and are only addressing this issue because it was brought up by monka. Your response is good I'll give you that but trying to take the high road when you yourself failed to report them doesn't really help.

I agree with previous posts also, although I don't log into factions often at the moment I do see you online almost every time and almost every time I have the way you've portrayed yourself in chat is always immature. You act like a completely different person than how your application presents you.

With everything going on and your past I don't believe you are fit for staff. You have evidence piled up of you showing biased towards your own faction. You honestly aren't all that familiar with the rules since you received a mute for advertising your discord server. I'm also going to assume your mute was fairly recent since you posted this thread about it https://becto.net/threads/add-discord-to-acceptable-url-whitelist.4867/#post-34676 . You're application basically shows us what we want to see but any slight look into you or your past shows a lot of discrepancy.

It's a huge -1 from me I don't promote liars or players who knowingly ignore abuse of such a high level that ruins others game time and experience when it's in their face and try and manipulate situations.

20. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    Your replies are very solid and all, but even if that person was on a VPN means that they should have been reported and banned. VPN usage is illegal and Ban Evasion is illegal. -1