BLACK__Templar

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by Black_Knight, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black_Knight

Black_Knight Member

BLACK__Templar
    God
    • Thread title: BLACK__Templar
    • How long you have been playing on Becto.net: Since beginning of Factions' Season 4
    • How often you are online for: Daily - Usually over 8 hours a day on Factions
    • What game modes you are most active on: Factions
    • Why you are right for the job? How can you contribute to the team? Factions need a Staff member who loves it and is there regularly. Most of Staff are not faction players so they spend very little time on it (I am not criticizing anyone - being a Factions player only I understand it) leaving Factions unwatched too many hours a day.
    • Have you ever been banned or muted? Briefly banned by Skizzles because he considered I was wasting staffs time due to a complaint which he unbanned me shortly after as became clear the other player was indeed cheating, which resulted in that player getting banned. I've been in good stand with all staff and majority of players in factions. I also got muted for a week by Jetpuffed in the first week of May right after the Purge because an honest mistake of typing my Factions discord in open chat, I rarely speak in open chat and forgot i was in that mode - the typing was supposed to be only for my faction's members to play Bectos factions.
    • A little about yourself. I only play Minecraft in Becto right now, no other games. I work from home on the internet so I spend a lot of time on front of the screen and Minecraft is always open, whenever I am not walking on the beach which is a couple blocks from my apartment. I've played for more than 10 years Enemy Territory and was an admin in several different servers, being the last one DeathRowInmates (~link removed - Venerg~) managed by DRI*Rel!c, I was formerly known as DRI*Zen. I am a chill person, mature and organized, I understand there is a human being on the other side of the screen which while being imperfect as we all are needs to be respected and many times helped. I always try to teach players in factions on how to build and use the economy of it so they become regular players there to grow the server. I love Becto's Factions and I'd think the members in my large faction would vouche for my attributes and leadership. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

#1 Black_Knight, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2018
  2. VulpinNoctem

VulpinNoctem Well-Known Member

VulpinNoctem
    God
    Your playtime is at 6 weeks, which is great! I agree with your mindset--that there is a human being on the other side of the screen. As for your ban and mute, I feel that they were based on accidents, that you wouldn't normally do.

Based on your application alone, I'm willing to give this a +1, but I am willing to see how other people (who do know you) would say here before i make a final decision.

As current conditions stand, I will remain neutral!

3. Venerg

Venerg Well-Known Member

Venerg
    God
    Hi Black_Templar, I like your applications very much but I do have a question for you:
    How familiar are you with other gamemodes except factions on Becto?

Im going to give this application a +1.

**Edit**
    Changed my vote to a -1.

#3 Venerg, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  4. Black_Knight

Black_Knight Member

BLACK__Templar
    God
    I honestly don't play other gamemodes at the moment, I've played for a while Skyblocks in PrimeMC, they had an excellent server for that a couple years ago - but now it has been dead, though I have a Legendary Rank (I was the richest in that server till they introduced paid Mining Bots - I think that ruined the server because it required very little from players to do). I didn't play it anymore for the last 18 months, now my mind is on Becto's factions, I've made good friends here. Creative is fine I just don't enjoy doing it as a player. It's been a while I don't play Prison and KitPVP.
    I was not really planning to apply for staff, but since so many dedicated staff left and seeing that Becto doesn't have staff dedicated to Factions other than Ivy_Maze I felt I could do something to help the server in that aspect, if you feel the same way of course.
    I've bought Minecraft in 2011 when it was in Beta test yet. I bought this game because I loved the commitment Notch had to it and reading his promise to make the lifetime upgrade to whomever believed him and invested on it at the time made me feel very good about it. I remember my first Base in Survival mode and going thru the thrills of trying to survive the night. Good Memories.

5. Flavourful

Flavourful Well-Known Member

flav0urful
    God
    your application is all bunched up, which makes it hard to read. when you answered the given questions, they're not complete sentences. i would recommend 'including' the question in your answer.

as it's been said above, your restrictions don't seem like they would have a negative effect on your application.

for now, i'll remain neutral.

6. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    I've never seen you type in chat, nor even ally chat.
    You have 6 weeks, nearly 7 weeks, playtime, which is good, but you have half the blocks walked that I have. In which we can assume you mostly just afk.
    You're not active on the forums, having only one post before this application.
    Your application looks somewhat rushed and in general isn't outstanding, with the incomplete sentences and the very vague detail about you, it's mostly just about your experience in Minecraft.

These two statements contradict each other:
    I'm going to have to give you a -1.

7. Sgt. Sandwich

Sgt. Sandwich Active Member

SgtSandwich_
    God
    Although the application itself could use some improvements such as grammar & length, I can safely say that from my experiences with BLACK__Templar I believe they would be well suited for the role of staff. In spite of the fact that they are not overly talkative in general chat, they are very helpful in one on one, and don't hesitate to lend assistance to newer players. They have shown themselves to be quite kind & compassionate, two qualities that are especially rare on factions. This combined with the current lack of staff on Becto gets them a +1 from me.

8. Black_Knight

Black_Knight Member

BLACK__Templar
    God
    I appreciate your feedback friend. I am not sure if I have to reply to every post someone does here to explain myself on their negative comments, or thank them for their positive comments.
    The lack of talking in open chat or allies chat was on purpose as I have recommended to my faction members to avoid talking outside faction chat mode. This season I came with a play plan which was to get the highest balance and focus on the quality of my e-chest. You either keep building and developing your /mcstats or spend your time talking. You either spend your time on open chat conversations or focus on developing your faction, surviving attacks and building your kingdom. You either spend most of your time on forums or playing the game. You either spend your time walking around the map or recruiting, developing and helping your faction members to build themselves. I've chosen always the second option knowing it was the hardest and more demanding choice while being the right one to help the long term growth of a faction. You can check my /bal BLACK_Templar or my /mctop swords or even my /mctop axes, or perhaps the near 50 million I've already spent buying things from other players this season while helping their balances.
    I love BECTO Factions and unlike other people I am not giving up on it to die out, I'd rather try to do something to help it to survive and thrive.

9. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    This, this I disagree with. Along with the other comparisons, you can just multitask. Especially with grinding, you can aimlessly click and talk in chat when you feel like it. You have no motivation to talk in chat because of your focus on your faction members, therefore you wouldn't as a staff member either. If you don't have time to help people outside of your faction, you wouldn't make a very good staff member.

You didn't address the fact that you spend most of your online time afk. One of your faction members even confirmed it, but I'm not going to show the ss in this as I don't want to out them or anything like that. Staff members are not allowed to afk at all, but you seem to spend your time afk.

You purchase items, you don't give away money. We all purchase items. You just happen to have more money.

As a Helper, you can't only focus on your faction. You have to help everyone, which you don't seem very inclined to do.

My -1 is standing.

10. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

reprisql
    God
    As staff, you would need to be willing to stop what you are doing and respond to players questions, check out hackers and such.

11. Flavourful

flav0urful
    God
    even as an applicant, typing and keeping and eye on chat are pretty important.

because of the points made above, -1

12. VulpinNoctem

VulpinNoctem
    God
    You seem to have a very strong relationship with your fellow faction members--something that i admire, but seeing that you dont talk in chat often is slightly worrying :-(. As previous messages posted above mentioned, being aware of the going ons in chat is very important as staff.

I truly mean well, but unfortunately, as current conditions stand, -1.

13. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

reprisql
    God
    Why has the application been edited by a mod?

14. KevCrn

KevCrn Member

ICoRoNI
    Plus
    Templar included a link to somewhere - which a staff member edited out.

15. Black_Knight

Black_Knight Member

BLACK__Templar
    God
    Alright guys I get it , you 3 up don't want me as staff, no hard feelings and no need to keep at it. Let people who really know me and interact with me regularly give their opinions as well. I didn't play to be staff or with that in my plans. I have been playing to succeed towards my game plan and objectives. But a couple days ago seeing the lesser and lesser frequency of staff in the server and the drop in players interest in the server I came to the conclusion I can either:
    * do as some who resigned when the server/players needed them most (regardless of the details on the story)
    * do as people who are assisting someone else to create a competitor server or
    * just stop playing here and play somewhere else inviting all my discord contacts to go to that new place or
    * just start complainting about how dead the server is

OR

I can dedicate some of my time in the server to help, offer myself to be staff to try to make BECTO factions great again.

I've decided to offer my time and energy to help BECTO voluntarily. I am not perfect, as any human do mistakes every once in a while, sometimes with time to think end up regretting some things I did and try to fix, etc. The important thing I am honestly willing to give my time for free that I could just be playing worrying about nothing else to a GREATER CAUSE.

And as for the AFK thing - I did AFK as any other player - But most of my time wast building bases and teaching my team to do it - we have 10 completed cactus bases and almost 40 accounts in the Templars factions, that not to count all the building I gave to other factions like Oddcircle/Deathrow and the many times Lucy and Skizzles needed my help and I gladly came to their assistance, just ask them. And talking about trustworthy, people from enemy factions give me expensive items to be renamed because they know I pride myself on being trustworthy and fair. Now, I am a human so don't ask for perfection.

16. Flavourful

flav0urful
    God
    considering you can't take criticism very well, my input remains as -1.

people who comment on staff applications aren't limited to people who are familiar with you.

17. VulpinNoctem

VulpinNoctem
    God
    I originally meant well, because your faction members look up to you. I had hoped that you would take our suggestions to heart, and improve your actions for the future-- therefore proving your maturity. However it appears I've been disappointed. You do not take criticism well, and instead become yet more stubborn.

Of course you didn't play to be staff. Neither does the majority of the players on the server. They play to have fun. I'm sure you know that as well, as you are aware that all other players are people as well--something that actually not many people fully consider. I truly do admire the relationship between you and your friends, but seeing your response has finalized my decision.

Due to not being aware of chat, stubbornness (and hot-headedness), as well as perhaps immaturity, my final answer to this application is -1.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. toxikupryze

toxikupryze Member

ToxiK_UpRyZe
    Raider
    Black__Templar is a very genuine and compassionate guy, he has no problem helping another player out and guiding them in the right direction. He is one of those guys that you can just start talking to, and there is always a feeling of mutual respect.

While he may be afk occasionally, when he is playing he is always offering his resources and time to help others progress, whether it be helping them build a base, or showing them how to efficiently make money, etc.

It may appear that he is stubborn through the application, but in-game he is very understanding and never has a problem seeing through the other persons eyes.

For being an all-around caring and understanding dude, I will give him a +1 for the reason that every staff member should have the quality of hearing the other side of a story. Of course everyone has issues that could be addressed and that no one is perfect.

19. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    We don't have anything personally against you. We just do not think you should be a staff member. Also trying to let people inside of your faction and people that know you is trying to sway the bias of the thread.

This is just attacking the individuals doing this. Ex-staff resigning, "regardless of the details on the story" was what they wanted to do. Personally, I resigned because being a staff member on Becto was becoming exhausting, staying up night and day just to try to improve the server, meanwhile the people that can actually improve it weren't doing anything. I'd stay up to 5am just filing a day's worth of restrictions, it was eating away at my mental state and I was falling into a pool of bad mental health. Therefore do not blame the ex-staff that resigned, even if the server needed us.
    Factions is all about competition, people will help the people in their factions, like you've said you do.

Staff are not allowed to afk. Even if your time is "mostly building and teaching your members how to build," I've heard a few of your faction members say you're afk most of the time.

Restricting faction members from typing in all chat, immaturity, lack of thought while taking criticism, contradicting and hypocritical statements, an extraordinary amount of pride towards your faction, and asking for forgiveness by saying you're human.

We are all human, that's what makes people stand out from other applicants. You may stand out, but that's most probably because of your faction. You'll ask your faction members to come here and give you a +1, but my -1 will still stand.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    In addition to my last, reply, I've asked Dakoda (Skizzles) what he thinks about Black. This is what he has to say.

Skizzles Today at 2:43 PM

I do not support BlackTemplar, while he did help my faction. The moment I was absent from such he went to take my members and crumble my faction so he could gain his own money and power. This dude has always been power hungry from the moment I founded Deathrow he was begging for Officer for permissions. The fact he points at those who resign he should look at the fact for 3 weeks while Soapiee and iBasss were gone I was up day and night running the staff team, tickets, and keeping things in order. We all have a reason for resigning and usually it is because of how staff are treated.

As much as the server may dislike him now, he still loved and cared for the server even when it was draining him. He would be up for days, with little sleep in between, just to try to improve the server. He created the improvements to the suggestions and got very little recognition for it and, even after he went the extra extra mile and organized it all for Bas, very little amount of suggestions have been added. Actually, the only suggestion that has been added from that entire remodel was this one for the Discord, in which I created the role as I was resigning as a goodbye gift. It lit up the Discord and made more people more inclined to be active. Talking for Skizzles when he has no voice, saying he trusts you and that you always helped them is not okay, that's why I took this into my own hands to give him a voice in something that involved him.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.