• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • KitPVP Becto KitPvP Events

AvailPro

Reactions
    A lot of people from the becto community are switching to other servers because of the lack of updates on becto. The staff team was recently working on an event for KitPvP players. The staff team opened the events server about a month ago for testing, and yet it still hasn't released. Becto KitPvP is getting extremely repetitive and I would like to speak on behalf of the Becto KitPvP Community that we want this update released. There hasnt been a real update to KitPvP since the map reset 6 months ago and has caused many players to quit. There is also a recent downfall in the KitPvP player base because of this. KitPvP is by far the most popular gamemode and we would like to see a frequent amount of updates on this server. I feel like this event would bring back old and new players and make KitPvP fun again.

Sincerely,
    OfflineReaching

7fishy7

Reactions
    Its not even just kitpvp that's dead cause of lack of updates, events, and overall lack of staff communication with the player base. The whole server has people quitting everyday because nobody on staff talks to the players about future updates. There are never set dates for things to happen, and if there are, they get pushed back and back and back. I can list tons of things where this has happened if needed.

I'm pretty sure I am not the only player on becto who would love to see the staff talk to the players more, through forum posts, discord pings, whatever it may be, just updating the player base saying "We are currently working on/we have fixed ___ these things." Patch notes were done away with ages ago for seemingly no reason at all. Simple updates/QoL changes take ages to be done, prime example speed 1 pots on kitpvp. Took like 4 months of constant asking before anyone did anything about it. Staff made a Trello board of things that are being worked on and since it was made, nothing has been checked off that list, things have just been removed and not added.(https://trello.com/b/KJlFwphH/)

Even some staff on the team don't know what happening half of the time, some of them even saying "I know as much as you." Causing lots of players to think that nothing is happening cause not even staff talk to each other about updates it seems. More and more staff get added to the team, but less and less happens on the server.

The support channel in becto is nothing more than General2 now, cause reported players are on for hours and hours, cause staff don't check it. @STAFF should've been brought back ages ago so the channel is actually useful. You can simply remove people's rights to support if they mass ping or overuse it.

I know this wasn't the main point of the thread, but still. All is true, the players are leaving cause of lack of updates and communication. Would love to see that be addressed.

-Dante

AvailPro

Reactions
    Its not even just kitpvp that's dead cause of lack of updates, events, and overall lack of staff communication with the player base. The whole server has people quitting everyday because nobody on staff talks to the players about future updates. There are never set dates for things to happen, and if there are, they get pushed back and back and back. I can list tons of things where this has happened if needed.

I'm pretty sure I am not the only player on becto who would love to see the staff talk to the players more, through forum posts, discord pings, whatever it may be, just updating the player base saying "We are currently working on/we have fixed ___ these things." Patch notes were done away with ages ago for seemingly no reason at all. Simple updates/QoL changes take ages to be done, prime example speed 1 pots on kitpvp. Took like 4 months of constant asking before anyone did anything about it. Staff made a Trello board of things that are being worked on and since it was made, nothing has been checked off that list, things have just been removed and not added.(https://trello.com/b/KJlFwphH/)

Even some staff on the team don't know what happening half of the time, some of them even saying "I know as much as you." Causing lots of players to think that nothing is happening cause not even staff talk to each other about updates it seems. More and more staff get added to the team, but less and less happens on the server.

The support channel in becto is nothing more than General2 now, cause reported players are on for hours and hours, cause staff don't check it. @STAFF should've been brought back ages ago so the channel is actually useful. You can simply remove people's rights to support if they mass ping or overuse it.

I know this wasn't the main point of the thread, but still. All is true, the players are leaving cause of lack of updates and communication. Would love to see that be addressed.

-Dante
    Everything you said was absolutely correct we just need more for the staff team. There hasn't been a kit update I was excited for since map reset lol. There is no competitive aspect with gangs anymore because most of the top gangs have quit. There is so many things they need to fix and its always "Were currently working on it" and nothing happens 3 months later. In my opinion there should be a reset every 5 months for every server, so they can rotate through the 5 servers. Like 1 month its a survival reset, then kitpvp etc. There is so many players that have really good ideas and if the staff team just listened to them becto would be so much better.

Cotex

Cotex
    Cotex
    INVADER
    A lot of people from the becto community are switching to other servers because of the lack of updates on becto. The staff team was recently working on an event for KitPvP players. The staff team opened the events server about a month ago for testing, and yet it still hasn't released. Becto KitPvP is getting extremely repetitive and I would like to speak on behalf of the Becto KitPvP Community that we want this update released. There hasnt been a real update to KitPvP since the map reset 6 months ago and has caused many players to quit. There is also a recent downfall in the KitPvP player base because of this. KitPvP is by far the most popular gamemode and we would like to see a frequent amount of updates on this server. I feel like this event would bring back old and new players and make KitPvP fun again.

Sincerely,
    OfflineReaching
    If some changes aren't made the server is just going to experience less and less players every day

couldntbeme

ScreenDoor
    ScreenDoor
    Reactions
    I swear, everyone always forgets that this has been a problem for years. Suprised this post hasn't already been taken down. Be careful what you say, might just get banned for it ;)

AvailPro

Reactions
    I agree. I'd like to add to this a bit, but first I'd like to clarify the purpose behind this post/thread. None of the stuff being said or mentioned is to be rude towards staff or be discouraging. A post such as this is many people's last "cry out" hoping for things to finally change, we are all here because we want Becto to be better and take advantage of the great potential it has. This being said, a thread such as this is genuinely sad that it is even needed to begin with. We want things to change, and I wholeheartedly believe it all starts with the staff team, not in a good or bad way. A staff team is essentially the core of the "operation" if you will, it starts there and won't get better until things change at the core. We have been in this cycle of semi-active to completely dead back and forth way too many times, getting worse each time, this cycle needs to end.

With that being out of the way, I could go on about side topics and such but I'd like to stay on the topic of kitpvp/events. Firstly I do agree with pretty much everything Dante has said and think he worded it great. As far as this kitpvp event goes, it is great to see an effort being put in to make this event and we all appreciate that. Many players who helped do some testing for this event loved the idea of it and this got a lot of people excited and interested in it. we were told it'd be out in a few days after we have tested stuff, which it then got pushed back saying it'd only be a few more days and we are waiting for stuff to be double-checked. Those few days went by and we were all wondering when it'd happen, starting to get anxious. then a week or so went past and we ask about it and just today we got told we should see a post within a week. I'm sure you can see how frustrating that is for many reasons, giving people false hope and inaccurate times just leads to further distrust and lost interest. You can only show and talk about something so much before it starts to lose value and the people's interest, most people won't be surprised to not see a post within a week.

As Dante said, the lack of updates, events and staff communication is completely ruining the server. If the staff team can't realize this by now and try to change things then nothing ever going to get better, there absolutely no reason for things not to change. Nobody is asking for these overarching major things to happen all at once, even small things are greatly appreciated, as rarely as we get those. The update post we have had, which was for one thing, was about 7 months ago, which is over half a year. Very infuriating. Not to mention the last kitpvp update other than a reset (as far as update posts go) was about 10 months ago.

Long story short, change is way overdue. Hopefully, you guys can listen to this and start to change things. Becto has an amazing community (with people that come up with amazing ideas) and tons of potential, nobody wants to see that go to waste. I feel like I can speak for most people here as well, we would appreciate a genuine response to this. What I mean by that is for you guys to take the criticism, don't get all defensive about it, and hopefully learn and change for the better of becto.
    I agree 100% with everything you said if there isn't a sudden change soon the server is going to fully die out.

Panduh

Reactions
    There will be a post made soon about the event, the reason it has been delayed is because we are making real effort to make sure that there isn't 50 bugs as soon as it comes out. We are introducing new aspects that could make their way over to normal kitpvp depending on their success during the event. I do take the blame for setting an unrealistic deadline for myself and others that has cause the event to repeatedly be delayed, and to player knowledge it seems reasonless but id like to not spoil things that could be on their way.

I have been active talking to people requesting information on what people would like to see in the future for KitPvP and SirChow started a google doc with dropu and either they never finished it or it simply never made it to anyone on the staff team as I have been patiently waiting on them to send me it. Information is key from players and as we continue to get information we can build off of. Some ideas we can work with and some we can't. Feel free to make a chat and discuss things maybe you all can add to / finish the document started a few weeks back.

7fishy7

Reactions
    I have been active talking to people requesting information on what people would like to see in the future for KitPvP and SirChow started a google doc with dropu and either they never finished it or it simply never made it to anyone on the staff team as I have been patiently waiting on them to send me it. Information is key from players and as we continue to get information we can build off of. Some ideas we can work with and some we can't. Feel free to make a chat and discuss things maybe you all can add to / finish the document started a few weeks back.
    Instead of waiting around for them to send you this google doc, why not make a forums post from the staff team about each game mode and what players want to see in them. It was done quite a while back by a staff member not too many liked, ISkizzlesI, yet when he did it, he made a thread in the suggestions section of the forums about each game mode and simply asked the players to leave comments below about things they want to see added. Each thread had hundreds of replies between players and staff, and it saw lots of things get added, and lots of players were happy with it and even tons came back to play.

It doesn't seem that taxing on the staff team to check the forums and reply to post, as I'm pretty sure that is still a staff requirement to join the team. So in theory there is 0 issue with staff members being able to make these simple threads, and go through and reply. Something so simple like this, did wonders for becto all that time ago. It showed the staff team was working on this, communicating with the players, it let the player get their ideas seen by the staff team (good or bad suggestions didn't matter).

-Dante

AvailPro

Reactions
    Instead of waiting around for them to send you this google doc, why not make a forums post from the staff team about each game mode and what players want to see in them. It was done quite a while back by a staff member not too many liked, ISkizzlesI, yet when he did it, he made a thread in the suggestions section of the forums about each game mode and simply asked the players to leave comments below about things they want to see added. Each thread had hundreds of replies between players and staff, and it saw lots of things get added, and lots of players were happy with it and even tons came back to play.

It doesn't seem that taxing on the staff team to check the forums and reply to post, as I'm pretty sure that is still a staff requirement to join the team. So in theory there is 0 issue with staff members being able to make these simple threads, and go through and reply. Something so simple like this, did wonders for becto all that time ago. It showed the staff team was working on this, communicating with the players, it let the player get their ideas seen by the staff team (good or bad suggestions didn't matter).

-Dante
    Exactly instead of waiting for a google doc with only 2 peoples ideas.

Heklo

Heklo
    Heklo
    Reactions
    Almost every day in the discord I see players saying something related to "nothing is being worked on". I understand that this might not be true, but when nothing is relayed it can seem like that's the case. Most of the time players get information directly from PMing staff. I would recommend announcing more changes in the discord (even very minor ones) as Dante suggested. It's great that the staff respond to us on discord, but it would be easier to announce it to everyone instead of having us individually clog up staff members DMs. It doesn't need to be a ping, it can just be a regular message in the announcements chat. I also understand that not everything staff are working on needs to be announced to players, but if it's harmless knowledge and there is a clear solution to satisfy the community, why not do it? These small announcements are quick and easy to do, and will reduce the tension by showing players that progress is being made.

Note: This part doesn't reflect my personal opinion, but it's just what groups of people are naturally going to assume. Because of how easy it would be to make these announcements, the fact that they're not made is what worries people. Skeptical players will think the server doesn't even have minor changes to show for it, and that's why nothing is being announced.

Please consider doing this, I think it would boost the relations between staff and players.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not referring to the event, just to other bugs and updates the server will have coming out. It would be pointless to announce bug-fixes that don't yet effect us.

Last edited:

AvailPro

Reactions
    1618197054155.png

this is why changes need to be made, hes been by himself for over 2 hours.

Last edited: