Becto Factions Guide

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by PigsPaluza, Dec 19, 2018.

1. PigsPaluza

PigsPaluza Well-Known Member

Pigasaur
    God
    Introduction:

So I am creating this guide for anyone interested in starting factions and they just don't know how to begin. In this guide I will attempt to cover all the areas of Becto Factions. In here you will find guides to Bosses, Raids, Defense, Base Defense and building, Economy, Grinding, General Info, and last but not least the guide to Faction PvP. So let's get started!

Bosses:

In Factions there are currently 2 bosses. Bucky in the nether and Reaper in the end. The easier of these two is the Reaper and is in a non PvP zone where people can co-op and steal the kills from other.

The reaper has two kinds of attacks besides just chopping you with a magical hoe. The first is when he casts a spell. This is a very dangerous attack if you don't have some very strong armor. I have Protection 7 and this can get me down to 3 hearts without a gapple. The attack will display a circle of flame trails in which you SHOULD NOT GO. If you go inside this circle you will get spited a million times a second and you will die without p5 or above. Gapples can help but won't save you in every case. The second attack is leeching. This attack might not even harm you if he is targeting someone else but if he targets you there is no escaping his chops. During the time he leeches he will sit on someones head and gain health by leeching off of the host. The best way to defeat him is in groups to grind him out really fast and farm an abundance of keys.

The Bucky boss in the nether is especially dangerous because he is positioned in a PvP zone. He has a few attacks and can even spawn magma eaters. The magma eaters are very annoying because they have a high chance of eating away your affects. This means strength pots, speed pots, and apples are nearly useless against Bucky. Bucky hits like a truck and will eat through armor fast. Be prepared to repair armor on the fly and the boss will do more damage to you if there are multiple people around. This means the most practical approach is going solo in very strong armor with mending. Keep an eye out because if an enemy goes to the nether he might take a chance at trying to catch you low and quick drop you.

Raids:

There are two main types of raiding and the rest is up for interpretation. The number one way is TNT cannoning into the base then doing the rest of the damage with Creeper eggs (ceggs for short). The other type is Wither raiding through an entire base.

TNT cannons come in all shapes and sizes and each has a particular use for cracking into a base. To get through sand walls the best way is to use a standard cannon that shoots a couple pieces of TNT at a time. The main goal is to get the TNT to blow up in just before the water so the water doesn't nullify the explosion of the TNT. Once you get through the sand you can use any means to get through the final layers and once you are inside you need to get to the chests the easiest way possible. Once you get there use eggs to blow up the chests. Chests can be watered but that does not make them invincible. It just requires better placed ceggs. You can also use Hybrid cannons but I will not go into depth on those or this would be a lot longer than it already is. I would recommend going through the hybrid tutorials on the official Minecraft wikipedia because they get complicated.

Wither raiding is expensive but it can pay off really easily. Currently on Becto wither heads are priced at 27k each. This makes a withe cost close to 100k.. Thats pretty expensive and doesn't always guarantee you make a profit. Wither raiding should be reserved for bases with ftop value over a million dollars unless you have a grudge... then anything goes. Basically you will go to the edge of the enemy claim to make the wither and then proceed to lead it to the top of the base. Here you will need to get there wither below half health and get it as close to the top blocks as possible. You and a couple friends will then hit the wither with as many snowballs as you can so the wither will then destroy the blocks immediately around it. You will then go from the top down to the bottom of the base with the wither straight to the chests and grinders. You can also use the wither to break the spawners and chests but ceggs are easier and work just the same.

Defense:

So you decide to hop on and discover that your base is under attack. If you are being raided with a TNT Cannon or a Wither changes your decision making here.

Your first priority is to get you friends online or find some capable allies. Here your objective with a TNT Cannon is to destroy it. You can do this by simply dropping tnt on it or if it is claimed make a small TNT Cannon top of your base and try to hit it from there. Once you neutralize the cannon go in and try to take out as many of the raiders as possible trying to discourage them from continuing the raid and keep them from trying again.

In the case of a wither raid your first objective is to kill the wither at all costs. That wither is what will get them through your defenses and without it their raid is almost pointless. You can kill it with a bow from a distance or get close and get as many hits off while taking the raiders on as well. Once you kill the wither focus getting the raiders off the roof. It is unlikely they will make another wither since they are so expensive. If they make another follow the same procedure or if they make a cannon follow the directions above this paragraph.

Economy:

It is pointless to list prices of certain things because the prices fluctuate a lot. The only automatic farms that actually yield profit are cactus farms and pumpkin farms. They make a good deal of money and in Season 4 someone had a massive one that got him over 100mil by the end of the season. One of the main money makers besides farms is grinding the bosses. The keys sell for a good amount of money and so does the stuff you get out of them. Bucky Armor and Reaper swords/axes are in high demand all the time and rake in a lot of cash if you make a good business out of it. Another way to make money is to craft gapples. They will always be invaluable in factions and will continue to be very costly. You can obtain a pickaxe with excavation and lucky mining then fill your inventory with gold. Then you craft and sell. It is fairly simple but quite time consuming. Other than these main money making methods you. can sell just about anything you can find or steal. (keep in mind scamming is allowed)

Grinding:

Your best bet for grinding is to make a large base and make a large grinder inside. The best mob to kill for level and mcmmo has always been blazes. The bigger the grinder the better. Other useful mob grinders are: spider, zombie, skeleton, and zombie pigman. Make sure you protect these well since they add a lot of ftop and will be sought out during raids. Other than this there are passive mob grinders at spawn and the member farm yields a lot of enchant tokens.

General info:

In factions there are 4 daily reward villagers all at /spawn and they are not hard to find they can almost all be seen once spawning in. In the /enchant system there is a vast amount of enchants for any tool weapon or armor. They are quite complicated at first but once you read the descriptions they make sense.

PvP:

PvP is one of the biggest parts of the Faction system. You can PvP in the wild, nether, and the pit at spawn. Mending is implemented in factions so a common inventory would consist of a stack of gapples, a stack of steak, a row or two of enchant bottles, main weapon, and Ender Pearls. In the wild and nether you can run and epearl if necessary but it is frowned upon. The weapons in factions are very powerful so you will need to have gapp effects on at all times. You really need to keep an eye on your armor because with high axe levels armor shreds fast. Be sure to fix armor with the enchant bottles every minute or so. When your opponent goes for a gapple or enchant bottle be sure to get as many hits in as possible. Make sure this doesn't distract you though because you might let your gapple run out and they will turn around and quick drop you. Sentimental is aa good way to ensure you don't lose your important items but that doesn't mean they can't break!

So that was my guide to Becto Factions! It has everything I could remember and this should be enough for you to get started! My discord is open for insight and things I may have left out: Pigasaur#0572

PS The original was 11.6k (limit is 10k characters) so I am going to have to put the guide to Base Building in the comments below.

• Great Post Great Post x 2
    • List
  2. PigsPaluza

Pigasaur
    God
    Base Defense and Building:

You have been on Factions for a little while and your echest is just not doing it anymore. This is the time to build a base. It not only houses a large amount of items for you but certain items will count for your /ftop value and give you a chance act getting on the leaderboard. You will need a lot to get on the leaderboard and the whole system of that will be explained later.

There are many things to consider when building a base: How much do I want to store? Do I want to put grinders inside? Or even a farm? Where? This all depends on your plans for your faction. If you plan on having a lot you are going to want to go for a border base in the Overworld. If you have a small amount of stuff you could consider having a vault hidden somewhere randomly in the Nether.

If you decide to build a base in the overworld you can either have a border base, a corner base, or a freestanding one. On the border you have one side pressed against the border so you can only get raided from 3 sides rather than 4 and you only have to focus protection on those 3 sides. Same goes for a corner base but you only have to protect 2. Corner bases are hard to come by since there are only 4 corners obviously. To get one you need to claim it right at the beginning of the season. Freestanding bases need protection on all 4 sides but the good thing is is that they aren't near borders where people will run along looking for bases and the chance of someone finding it are slim. No matter what you select building it will be simple. On the very inner portion you will want obsidian to protect chests and spawners because obsidian requires 13 Creeper eggs or 13 carefully placed tnt cannon shots to blow up. You will then want to water this and make another layer if you really want to Fort Knox it. After this place a lot of cobble walls and water those too. (Watering is simply placing water on the top so that. none of the blocks are exposed to air) you will of course want to leave a block or two in between each layer so that water can flow. After the cobble you will place sand walls which are good since when blown up the sand above will fall down and take place of the sand just taken out creating a longer lasting wall. You will do a lot of these and water each and every one of them. On the roof you will want many layers to prevent wither raids and make sure you place a vast amount of water source blocks so as to make wither raids take longer.

Say you want to only have a bit of storage. and want to go in the nether. Border bases and corner bases in the nether are impractical since the main purpose of nether bases is to be discrete. You will want to make your base under the lava if possible and this will require lots of fire protection pots. The best build for these is a large amount of obsidian layers and then a number of sand walls on the side. On the top you should place a checkered pattern of soul sand and half slabs. This makes wither raids very hard. I would not recommend building grinders in nether bases because they take up way too much space.

• Great Post Great Post x 2
    • List
  3. PigsPaluza

Pigasaur
    God
    So I am open to any suggestions and If I missed anything then tell me and I will be sure to add it! (as long as it exists)

4. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    Wow. Incredible. I can't critique anything since I'm not an avid Factions player but it all looks great!

5. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    I love the detail you went into in every section. I can safely say you have covered the basics of Becto Factions and more. i would like the readers to not that not everything he has listed regards to making money is the only way but it is the most efficient so be sure to use them. Good job Pigasaur, great post.

6. PigsPaluza

Pigasaur
    God
    Thanks!
    :-D I owe you a lot of the knowledge I collected of factions since you really taught me the basics a year ago!

7. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    This really isn't an ultimate guide it's more of a basic guide. Anyways glad to see people still don't know how to wither raid/base build correctly. Also more spawners isn't always better.

8. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    Manager
    Lots of this is going to significantly change when the new factions season rolls around, so I hope you're prepared for making a lot of changes.

9. PigsPaluza

Pigasaur
    God
    I will! I hope the new season will be interesting

10. dzama

dzama Member

dzamabor
    Plus
    i don't know is it worth to grind now since reset is coming soon. . .

11. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    You were in my faction so this is all information you should of learned over time by watching. Also you and I both know there is no reason to link your discord as we share common discord servers and you contacted me literally the day before your staff application was posted. Either way it's obvious you're farming karma and setting yourself up for your next staff application and the sad thing is you can be fake and get away with it. I'll leave it at that if you want to continue this conversation then you can DM me on discord you already know what mine is.

12. hobikenobi69

hobikenobi69 Well-Known Member

wulz
    God
    pvp is a big part of factions but it has to happen to be big

13. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    Yeah sorry dude but no. You messaged me on the 11/26/2018 the same day you created your staff application prior to that you didn't message me for over 6 months. My last message to you was even about me being removed from your server and who did it and you chose to ignore my message and yet you still tried to play dumb saying "idk who banned i cant believe it took me this long to notice"

Anyways these screenshots basically sum it up. Also you only tried once after that conversation to message me and it was on 12/07/2018 asking why I didn't join your discord server. I chose to ignore it for a few reasons first being the fact that the invite you sent was made invalid after I called you out about messaging me because of your staff application and the second is I don't have time to deal with fake people.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    Manager
    It's a guide thread you two, chill out.

15. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    Bloop no need to be so hostile.

16. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    There's no need to try and agitate an already over situation. Either way no need to reply as Jet has said this is a guide thread.

17. bunnaz

bunnaz Well-Known Member

Bunnaz
    God
    Thank you for the post. Do you have any information on anti-wither defenses?

18. hobikenobi69

hobikenobi69 Well-Known Member

wulz
    God
    use water

19. PigsPaluza

Pigasaur
    God
    In the top of your base add layers of water and cobwebs. There is no trick to wither defense just as many ceiling layers to keep them out for as long as possible.

20. hibobih

hibobih Member

power_ranger_333
    What are the benefits of exp levels such as sword skill and is there a less knockback one?