Global Ban Length suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Nestastic, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Nestastic

Nestastic Well-Known Member

diversely
    God
    This is something I've been wanting to see for a while. In my opinion, the first offense ban length for hacking of 7 days is way too short, and should be at minimum of 30 days. Players will see that the ban length is short, and a 7 day ban won't be much of an issue.

I, myself hacked as a joke last year because I thought it would be funny. I knew the ban length would be only 7 days, and I didn't think I'd have anything to lose. I could just wait 7 days, and I'd be back on the server again.

Another example, this week, a player known as KillerChris has been perm banned. He was hacking in pit, and he got banned for 7 days. He was hacking the day he got unbanned, and was permed the next day.

As Becto is gaining players, there will be a percentage of players hacking. With a lot of new players, comes a lot of more hackers. Since the ban length is short, once the hackers are unbanned, they'll probably just go back to hacking and staff will have to ban the same players again so soon.

2. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    You give an example with KillerChris, but it doesn’t prove the point you are trying to make.

People like killerchris who are going to hack the day they are unbanned are going to do that no matter what and as far as I am concerned he’s just permed sooner.

As for you, aren’t you glad that you didn’t get banned for 30 day? Because a 2nd offense is a perm, it doesn’t really make a difference.

All in all, people who are going to learn their lesson after 30 days of not playing are going to learn the same lesson from 7 days. People who are going to hack no matter what are getting perm banned sooner than later, which better in my opinion.

3. Dreamwreath_

Dreamwreath_ Well-Known Member

OnlyInDreams
    God
    Not everyone is going to get caught on the first day if they do come back hacking right after a ban, they'll probably turn down their settings to make it look like they're playing legit.
    If the first ban was increased to 30 days, they might not hack because they don't want to be banned for that long. This would also give them more time to think about hacking again if they were banned for 30 days.

4. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    If perm ban is the 2nd offense, then people who don’t want to get permed will turn down/off the hacks I’m order to not get permed no matter if it’s been 30 days or 7.

However, people who genuinely care about the server and just made a bad decision will be able to get back to playing the server they enjoy sooner.

5. Nestastic

diversely
    God
    That's exactly it. I knew I wasn't going to get banned for 30 days, so I decided to hack. 7 days really isn't a long time to wait. I hacked only because the length was 7 days, and I can easily just wait that time and get back on the server.

30 days is more of a punishment than 7 days, so I would say players that care would stop hacking after that. Players would rather wait 7 days than 30 days to get back on the server, and an increased ban time would discourage them from hacking. Players notice the low ban time and can wait 7 days.

6. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    You're just an aspiring young braincell. <3333333333

7. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    That makes a lot of sense. The only thing is getting the entire server to change the system.

+1

8. Nestastic

diversely
    God
    Yes the 2nd offense is perm. Fact is, the 1st offense is only 7 days. With the ban being so short, hackers don't care getting banned for 7 days, as opposed to 30 days or permanently. Bringing up the 2nd offense is redundant, considering I'm talking about lengthening the first offense ban.

9. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    You're comparing yourself someone who knows the ban lengths already and knew what punishment they would receive to a new player who knows none of that. Let's be honest most players when looking for a server to play on have hacks on and if they don't someone in their friend group they're looking to join a server with usually does. Most of the time when one of those players finds a server they like they will toggle the hacks off or at least keep it turned down. What a 7 day ban does is it gives a warning, some return with no hacks and some don't. Now with a 30 day ban that you're proposing you're almost guaranteeing that player doesn't return which is problematic because if they came with friends those friends will now go to a different server also. You'll always have a few bad eggs that can be reformed but making the reforming not worth it is counter productive and will only hurt the playerbase from growing.

Here's a better suggestion that I'd think would work better. The ban lengths stay the same with one exception. This exception would be that after receiving a ban for hacking you're put on a probation period that would be documented. The probation period would work like this if after the 7 day ban you receive another ban for hacking within 2 weeks to a month (can work out the time frame later) then you will receive a permanent ban. This allows players a chance at redemption while also weeding out those who have no intention of reforming and also doesn't punish harshly the already existing playerbase all while not hurting it grow either.

10. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    uhhhh idk kid

11. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    Alright child, then which ban would have you be more likely to actually join back if you were a new player? Is it the 7 day or 30 day?

12. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    30 day wat do u mean man. (women*****)

13. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    My bad looked at your past replies, I forgot you're just stupid and can't learn from your past restrictions. Obviously shouldn't of asked your opinion about this topic.

14. Nestastic

diversely
    God
    Most new players that hack only come on to hack with no intention to actually playing. Players like these typically don't care about warnings anyways, they only come on to entertain themselves by hacking, getting banned, and finding a new server to hack on. In other cases, if a new player likes the server and closet cheats, they are harming the playerbase by cheating. Other players usually know when someone is closet cheating, and a lot of the time staff won't ban closet cheaters due to their hacks not looking obvious enough. Players will get fed up with all the closet cheaters and leave to find a server that deals with banning cheaters better. Closet cheaters know what they're doing, and a warning isn't enough. They deserve a full 30 day punishment, since closet cheaters typically have more experience with hacking. They probably won't stop unless they're aware of a valid punishment. Most players that like Becto and keep up with it know what the ban lengths are.

You say that if a hacker gets banned, then their friends leave because of it. A hacker's friends most likely do know they cheat, and should be banned anyways for not reporting something they were aware of.

I don't exactly understand what you're trying to say here.

"The probation period would work like this if after the 7 day ban you receive another ban for hacking within 2 weeks to a month (can work out the time frame later) then you will receive a permanent ban."

From what I think I understand, it sounds like after the probation period is over, if they hack again they just get another 7 day ban, rather than perm. If this is the case, I think this suggestion is unreasonable and doesn't make a lot of sense. Hackers could just wait until the probation period is over before hacking again, and keep getting 7 day bans rather than a one 7 day and one perm.

15. Nestastic

diversely
    God
    If a player likes Becto, they'll return after 30 days. If a hacker comes on just to hack, they probably won't.

16. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    I will agree there are people that do join and upon first joining hack with the intent of being of banned and are blatant with their hacks. Usually however these players wouldn't bother returning even after a 7 day ban unless they held a grudge on the server or a player.

Your comment "You say that if a hacker gets banned, then their friends leave because of it. A hacker's friends most likely do know they cheat, and should be banned anyways for not reporting something they were aware of." if this were the case I'm pretty sure everyone on factions would be banned already, not to mention you're also basically saying your friends should of been banned with you during your ban for hacking.

As far as my proposition you misunderstood. The ban times as they currently are now would stay in affect, there would however be a new addition. If you receive a ban for hacking you get the currently in place 7 day ban, after which your name will be put on the watch list and for a set amount of time after your ban say 1 month if you hack again and get caught your ban then goes straight to a permanent one. If you hack and get banned past the probation period say 4 months later your ban would be 30 days the same time as the current 2nd offence. This just basically means a more watchful eye will be put on the player and the harshest punishment laid down. With all that being said if this were to be implemented I would want the time of probation given kept secret from the public so we don't have people follow in your footsteps and abuse it for knowing the punishment.

17. 4zw

4zw Active Member

Rektah
    Raider
    Orr we could get more staff and better anticheat :)

18. 4zw

4zw Active Member

Rektah
    Raider
    wait why r u saying that now you were arguing before lmao

19. 4zw

4zw Active Member

Rektah
    Raider
    That'll never happen the staff are 2 lazy
    I'm actually taking shots here. Kitpvp has cheaters all over the place

20. AllyZally

AllyZally Admin

AllyZally
    Admin
    If I had a dollar each time someone said get more staff.

Have you read other posts? Have you seen our replies to “get more staff!!!”?

We are trying. We reach out to players who display our desired traits. We have an application system. I’m sorry, but we prefer quality over quantity. However players like yourself seem to want us to accept individuals whom have 24 hours of playtime and can’t tell me who “Bloop” or “MK” or “Hidden” are.

These people whom are applying for the most part don’t know our community, don’t hold our values, and ARE not qualified.

As for staff being too lazy, I’m sorry.... Pardon? As a staff member I strive to do everything I physically am possible and allowed to do for Becto. You don’t have to be immature and strike at good people who try their hardest to do what we can. I literally camp kitpvp as often as I can, I banned around 22 hackers yesterday ALONE. How can I put more than 12 hours a day into Minecraft when I am 24 years old with a full time job and I preform college classes? We have our staff members doing a similar thing, camping kitpvp as much as they can to stop then influx of hackers. I can not and do not expect more than the energy they are already pumping out to keep kit safe. For the amount of staff we have, it’s all we can produce. Before you say, “get more staff”, refer to my above comment.

Management is responsible for creating game updates, and we have 0 power over as such. It’s understandable if they can not constantly be updating and working on the server 24/7, so instead of complaining and being negative, why not suggest and be respectful like all of our other players on these forums?

• Great Post Great Post x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List