Global Authorize Usage of some "Special Characters"

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Кровь, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Кровь

Кровь Well-Known Member

Razrabochik
    God
    I am russian and know some other Russians on the server, however we cannot speak to eachother in Russian, at least on the server, because our alphabet is "Special Characters" This isn't a huge issue, I know we could just go to discord or something but just a suggestion.
    https://gyazo.com/8a966c20a1eb057dc6ee9d3bb861ba9c

2. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    Тест FitnessGram Pacer - это многоступенчатый тест на аэробную нагрузку, который постепенно усложняется по мере его продолжения. Тест на 20 метров начнется через 30 секунд. Выстроиться в начале. Скорость бега начинается медленно, но увеличивается каждую минуту после того, как вы услышите этот сигнал. Поющий круг должен быть закончен каждый раз, когда вы слышите этот звук. Не забывайте бегать по прямой и бегать как можно дольше. Во второй раз, когда вам не удалось пройти круг до звука, ваш тест окончен. Тест начнется с начала слова. На вашей отметке. Приготовься!… Старт.

3. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    I don’t see why not, as long as there are enough people that will benefit from this so it will be worthwhile to add it.

4. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    There's a reason this isn't added, the server is meant to be for English speakers. This is why you'll see players talking in Spanish told to use English. This helps unify the server while also making it more appealing towards newer players as if I personally saw a ton of people speaking a language I didn't understand when I joined a server there's an extremely high chance I wouldn't stick around. Then there's also the issue of being able to insult someone in a different language where the only thing that can have you get caught is by someone who also speaks the language or google translate.

5. Кровь

Кровь Well-Known Member

Razrabochik
    God
    But if it was also for only English speakers that would also drive a lot of player away, not everyone is from the US or around there and can speak English, my friend joined the server and he knows no English and won't play because he can't communicate, and I'm sure this is the same with languages such as Arabic or other non Germanic languages. So overall abolishing this "No special character" plugin would increase the player base because obviously all the English speakers will stay now because they have English friends and it would invite others in.

6. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    It's all about the targeted audience and it would be hard if not impossible to monitor everyone that chooses to use a different language aside from one shared common one. If you do away with this then rules can't be properly enforced. We also have a variety of players from around the world they also speak English and if not they use discord instead to keep in contact with friends.