Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'General' started by pFET, Apr 24, 2019.

?

How much do you miss the old days?

1. I've Quit Much

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. I Really Miss Them

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  3. Yeah

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Not Really

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. They Sucked

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. What Were The Old Days Even Like?

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. pFET

pFET Well-Known Member

pFET
    Veteran
    I remember a time over a year ago now whenever any player joined they were welcomed into this great and lively server that was Becto. There were friends and competitions on every server. The forums were alive and staff was actively developing the server.
    I joined 1.5 years ago now and I have seen so many people come and go... more go than come. I don't know if it's just me but it seemed the server started to decline once Soapiee quit and development slowed down. The old OGs began to realize the server wasn't what it was so they left. On prison for example people like Valdemarian, Brett_, Jennnezzz, FrozenVoid48, TheShade, and others left. This left room for people like Ender, CIAH, 7greendogs, and me room to come to the stage and for a while we enjoyed it. But after time we realized it wasn't the same.
    Part of this came from the lack of attention from the new staff. They didn't seem to care what the people thought. Don't get me wrong they loved Becto, they just weren't as attentive as older staff had been. This led to more people quitting including myself. I noticed the server slowly die down to under 100 players over the past 6-8 months. But I noticed a spike in players about 2/3 months ago. This was because of the Factions overhaul which many people enjoyed. I even found my self coming back to Becto a little bit. But me and other players (New ones and old ones that came back) realized that nothing had really changed. So we tried to change it but if any of you were paying attention 2 months ago that didn't go to well. We'd been trying since last year but no staff would listen. So we resolved to some more extreme methods... and that didn't work either.
    I and many others miss the good old days when the server was alive and healthy. Today it is alive... but barely. It has a disease that can no longer be cured. Sadly I think Bectos days are coming to a close. If any of you wish to share stories of the good old days when we had some serious fun, please do so. @Jetpuffed it dosn't matter if you reset prison now. It's to late.

I'll miss you all,
    Best Regards,
    pFET

2. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    People leave because nothing changes, a reset without any changes solves absolutely nothing. Doing the same thing over any decent period of time would of course make you tired of it and that is why OG's left. There have been a lot of issues with each individual server that have taken too long to resolve. Season 4 on factions going on for over a year almost then popping into season 5 with the exact same stuff. Constantly promised a "secret big update" and that was the reason for purge for season 4 to be constantly pushed back, that was a good joke. No end of season reward for the top faction as there was previously , which you also didn't find out about until a few hours before the purge happened. The problem is there is no respect for the players the server has obviously gone turbo sell out mode, when the player base dipped down towards the end of season 4 there was a sale constantly except for maybe a week off or something (we all memed about running out of sale names). When season 6 started up I had my chat spammed with the sales or deals and now we've got signs everywhere you look advertising store goods. It overall looks bad you don't have the player base to support hardcore advertisement as it is now, if anything it's a huge deterrent for anyone looking to find a server to invest a lot of time on. If your goal was to create a ton of changes in season 6 and rake in the money than you definitely succeeded. However keeping season 6 alive you failed terribly, just as I said in the thread for suggestions for season 6 the most damaging thing that could happen is dupe glitches. The fact of the matter that you couldn't crack down on duping to such an extent is mind boggling to me. I even knew who was doing it and I don't actively play. I don't understand how it could of possibly taken you so long they weren't discrete about it at all, no one suddenly pops out that many anvils and you don't notice, especially if they don't have a ton of IG's. Hell it took me months to wall up my base in season 4 with anvil walls and I had 4-5 IG's at the time.

The fall of season 6 is heavily on the staff team as to why it failed, I think there was even a staff member in the faction that was duping which is a good meme. This goes without saying but the players are to blame also I'm sure a great deal of players knew about the duping and I don't doubt that some reported it but you also have to take into account other things. I'm sure most players who are quick to cast the blame on other factions hackers, duping etc yet knew a few in their own who were doing the same. Giving a player in your faction who's banned an alt account to play on Becto still is also stupid. Overall there are many at fault but the biggest lie with how staff did or didn't handle things. The ball was dropped hard in this instance, it's honestly sad that it's come to this. So much potential completely ruined and so easily ruined at that.

3. Green_Fred

Green_Fred Well-Known Member

Green_Fred
    Invader
    All the people I had known from a year ago had just left due to the amount of changes on the server being none. Being the last couple months game modes haven’t been as active, it’s lead to people on factions for example since no one else is on they can just hog everything and get stronger stuff easily and make stronger factions without worrying much about other players. Great example of this are Rogue and Bobross, who’ve because of the server and how inactive it’s been have been able to get stuff like envoys, make stronger bases and make money faster without worrying about other people. It’s a problem because if new people on the server want to play and get stronger they can’t because the both of them have already gotten to powerful and can take down almost anything making the playing field really uneven. I made a faction two weeks ago called Revolution which goal is to rival against the two greater factions and make others stronger so that the playing field can even out a little more. But right now I feel it’s a problem that turns off many players

4. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    God
    I've seen the player count way lower, before any of you even joined. Becto was easily revived after a few updates and massive amounts of advertising. I don't think Becto is dying, there's just been a lack of updates and a lack of advertising due to situations out of [my] control. Things aren't always as you think they are; prerequisites have to be met. Pretty soon, some pretty big updates are going to be coming, and along with that I predict lots of advertising.

tl;dr There are multiple situations going on right now preventing things from happening how we want it to happen.

5. TheDragonKillerz

TheDragonKillerz Well-Known Member

Pluji
    Veteran
    Well, on previous servers I was staff for, in times of need for players, we would ask what the playerbase wanted and would work around the needs of the people.

We always reset Prison every 4-6 months along with updates, Factions would get new updates, we'd add or remove servers, add minigames, ect.

We also would bid for advertising slots for websites.

Becto can easily be revived. Just needs some effort put in by everyone.

More votes make the server show up on more websites and easier to find, while if the server was advertised more, it would show up even more and gain more attention.

6. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    We get there's kitpvp or survival being worked on atm can't remember which off the top of my head. However what was in your control was season 6 of factions, you don't really have many if any at all of an excuse as far as that goes. If you want to be fully transparent about why certain issues weren't addressed and why some mistakes were made than I'm sure the community will listen and you could earn some trust back. I will say this don't fall into the same type of garbage excuse that was used in season 4 to push the purge back several times, that "major update" that to this day no one has seen and past staff had said it was just an excuse.

7. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed
    God
    What "certain issues that weren't addressed" and "mistakes?"

8. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    Off the top of my head the first 3 would be

1. Not announcing changes sentimental change was the biggest rip after all that gear lost huge mistake.

2. Adding the command that allowed players to block all faction commands to a member, which basically caused factions to spam invite any and all new players basically helping kill off the playerbase/new players while making huge bases that would be normally out of their reach in any other season. [​IMG]

3. The most obvious one that's talked about time and time again, duping. Everyone and their mother knew which faction was guilty of it yet months went by without any punishment. You could of checked their chests and have known it was them as they had a few of their chests blown up and they were filled with inventories full of anvils.

4. As I was writing this a 4th popped in my head sand gen buckets. Cheap overpowered and shouldn't of been added. They allowed you to put up a massive monster base at next to no cost of time or money. Not to mention 1 person with sand gen buckets can just place them as you're getting raided and end your raid.

9. pFET

pFET Well-Known Member

pFET
    Veteran
    All of these Factions comments are so very true.
    And JetPuffed as I recall when we tried to bring up prison updates you ignored us 100%.
    So we tried to get a reset which was not as good but would've helped and again, ignored.
    So we made you notice that we wanted it and what'd you do? Banned, Muted, and turned off chat. You also wouldn't even give us a maybe, or an I'll look into it. Much less a help.
    This showed that you didn't care enough about the playerbase on prison to help out.
    As A result prison took the second biggest player count drop (number one being when multipliers were added).
    This also showed new players that staff didn't care what people thought. As well as the fact that nothing was updated.

Best Regards,
    pFET

10. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed
    God
    1. Sentimental change was announced.
    2. That's just the nature of factions.
    3. I checked every single chest of the faction you're referring to, and found nothing. The duping bug was also purposefully not reported to us which make it harder for us to patch. We knew the faction that did it and disbanded them, however, since we had no solid proof of single players doing it, we didn't ban anyone.
    4. Sand gens were disabled.

pFET, not everything is about you or your favorite server. There are other projects that need to be finished first before we can move on to Prison. You need to realize that it's only Bas and I that do updates. I've stated that Prison will get it's long deserved reset eventually, but chat was continuing to be spammed.

11. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    1. You're right it was announced it was just bugged when you changed it.

2. Normally no that's not the nature of factions. When you added the command to completely restrict players from interacting with the faction they're in you removed any risk factor that is found in all previous seasons. In previous seasons you'd worry about being insided which is just the nature of factions in this season you never had to worry about that as there was 0 risk for you. So as I said factions mass invited new players for their power while cutting them off from actually being a part of the faction. This likely lead to a big decrease in newer players.

3. Players came forward and tried to report it I believe @Hidden_Hacks was the main person who did. This could of all been nipped in the butt earlier had the original staff member he went to about it listened and then forwarded it to you like I don't know a staff member should? Especially when it's concerning one of the biggest problems a minecraft server could have.

4. Sand gens were only disabled after they were seen as a huge cause to the servers tps previous to that they were still enabled.

12. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    I have a few things to say.
    First, when I joined, their was a player count that averaged 400 on the weekdays, and 500 during the weekends. Now player counts rarely hit 150.
    Also, with current servers needing a reset or some maintenance, the overall server has become less fun. When their is more players, their is more fun to be had.

All this said, I won't ever give up on becto. I have been playing on my origin server alot these last two months, I will never give up on becto. I hope that things will get better, as Jetpuffed said, but as I want to stay forever, I might quit to a more active server. This isn't a dig on becto, it's staff, or anyone else, it is just inactive, and needs some work, which makes it less fun.

#12 shaqs_burritos, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2019
  13. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    We need to be more clear with changes.
    Like for example, repair tokens. Jet and or any manager have been yet to create a forums post announcing them.

14. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    and what do u mean only u and basss do updates wheres dean lol? hes manager too, if he cant help with things like updates then he's better off as admin or moderator.

#14 BorderPlayz, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2019
  15. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    I reported atleast 5 different ways of duping which where mostly fixed when i reported them or the day after. However, as bloop said, everybody knew the anvil wall faction duped yet the players where the only ones trying to find out how. You guys would avoid going out of your way to find bugs from what I saw. When the players found the bugs the managers where pretty quick to fix them though. I just think it could have been avoided in the first place with more staff members and better in game monitoring of players.

16. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed
    God
    Patch Notes are done in chunks, not individually. If an announcement was made every single time something was changed, it would flood things.
    Dean is a staff manager, he doesn't do updates. I've expressed this before.

17. Dreamwreath_

Dreamwreath_ Well-Known Member

OnlyInDreams
    God
    just gonna point out how someone edited border's post to remove the part about how dean hacks on other servers

18. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    LMAOOO U GUYS ACTUALLY DELETED THE PART ABOUT HACKING

19. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    no not really, u guys hardly make changes tbh

20. Green_Fred

Green_Fred Well-Known Member