Antidote enchantment

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Bas, May 14, 2018.

1. Bas

Bas Owner

iBasss
    Owner
    [​IMG]

We have implemented a new type of enchantment on the server today called Antidote.
    It is already active on Factions and will be active on other servers as well soon after.

The enchantment costs 15.000 tokens and allows you to negate any negative effects caused by other players with potions or swords, you only have to enchant one armour piece for it to take effect.

When you have an item equipped with the antidote enchantment it will negate all the following effects:
    It will also be added to god sets on the webshop.

• Great Post Great Post x 2
    • List
  2. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    Sounds interesting! Hope it turns out well!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Venerg

Venerg Mod

Venerg
    Mod
  4. Julemanden

Julemanden Well-Known Member

Julemanden
    Veteran
    *Insert generic "this is overpowered" comment here*

5. Shadow1021

Shadow1021 Active Member

iWaroz
    Veteran
    jelemanden i agree completely

6. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Chief

Jetpuffed
    Chief
    Thanks for the update!

7. dzcole

dzcole Member

dzcole
    God
    Cool feature but don't you think it will be a little bit Over Powered?

8. Dr-BooSa

Dr-BooSa Member

V9J
    Plus
    It would be over powered there should be a prock or something with a time limit that clears the effects.
    But thanks for the update!!

9. iDell

iDell Well-Known Member

ChewedCrayons
    Raider
    Thanks for the update!

10. Dash

Dash Well-Known Member

Dash_135
    God
    Sounds great! Love the addition, keep up the great work.

11. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    I'm so confused. Why would you add something like this. It completely negating all effects from enchants is actually extremely dumb. With this enchant added you're making the enchants that it negates completely useless. With this in affect you basically changed how people spend their enchant tokens, instead of investing in a weapon for pvp instead you just need to purchase or get a Bucky 2 piece throw this enchant on and sentimental and that's. With this added players won't bother using any other /enchant except for speed and jump on their boots. You've basically added in an enchant that is a 100% must get. If we take a step back and look at it the price of 15k tokens isn't bad but because of the enchant itself it's going to change the meta of the server. Before you would slowly invest enchant tokens into your weapon by buying different levels of enchants when you got the tokens for it. However now you shouldn't or wouldn't spend any enchant tokens until you've gotten 15k so players will have to save up to that amount.

This is honestly a very stupid enchant to add, you've basically made 90% of the other enchants useless. This enchant is in no shape way or form a fix or bandage for the /enchant system if anything it's been made worse. I'm honestly extremely surprised that something like this was added as it makes no sense to. With 90% of the other enchants useless you've decreased the amount of tokens a player would need to get to the highest optimal gear set for pvp. The decrease caused isn't minor either it's actually pretty extreme. I'm not going to go look up how much it would cost for optimal gear with enchant tokens but I'm 100% sure that it was at least over 30k tokens and then some. With the decrease in enchant tokens needed the players who usually buy enchant tokens won't have to or want to purchase anymore tokens or when they do it will be at a extremely decreased amount purchased than usual.

To be honest you really should of run this threw the community first as it's going to cause a lot of issues. If you wanted to add in additional enchants to help counter weapon enchants you should of been precise with the enchant. Instead of adding the "antidote" you could of for instance to counter or help with the hunger enchant or hunger in general added an enchant that causes your hunger to regenerate with the enchant. An enchant like this would be greatly used and wouldn't cause a huge negative impact. Not only that but as players usually hate eating food it would be an extremely desired enchant as it would make an impact to both pvp and also provide a luxury of not having to constantly carry or eat food. Now if you went the route I'm suggesting this would actually increase the amount of enchant tokens a player would want to spend while also not making it a mandatory enchant that you are forced to get and the enchant wouldn't severely hurt the other enchants as you would still want to enchant your weapon. I really do hope that you rethink this addition to the /enchant as it is going to cause a huge issue.

12. PatjPlayz

PatjPlayz Well-Known Member

Saregent
    God
    I for one, COMPLETELY disagree with that comment. The only reason you are trying to nerf/ remove this enchant is because you are horrible at PvP and you hide behind your mending and your Store sets and gaxes. Thanks Bas for adding this enchant :) , ~removed~ :) thanks!

#12 PatjPlayz, May 14, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2018
  13. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    I don't think you quite understand the effect this enchant will have. With this added you don't need any others. Just put antidote and sentimental on one piece of gear and that's it you don't need anything else. Every other enchant is then useless. Also mending doesn't get effected by antidote and anyone who is smart has it on their gear.

Offtopic- As far as me being horrible at PvP I beat you in all 6 duels on velt besides 1. Not only that but if you actually read what I put I only used Reaper 2 gear for over half of last season with only mending on it and boot enchants. I also have not purchased tokens from the shop or gear ever. I have only purchased a rank and double mcmmo once. You can make excuses all you want but if you wanna step up then catch me in the pit ;-) I'm sure it will be like last season and you'll always find an excuse to why you won't fight me. If you see me in game hit me up and I'll fight you in pit, if not stay silent and hold the L. Thanks fam (y)

14. pFET

pFET Well-Known Member

pFET
    Veteran
    Honestly I kind of agree with both of you. It is a little over powered I think and should be a little toned down but should be left in. What I suppose could be done is make it so there are different antidote enchants like were there is one for Frozen for example that would take 5k tokens to get that would just block Frozen but really this needed to be done.

Just Some Thoughts,
    pFET

15. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God

Hey I agree exactly with that, that's why I created a thread here https://becto.net/threads/community-discussion-on-enchant.3065/#post-18356

My goal is instead of having 1 enchant that fully negates everything we come up with alternative enchants that help negate or help counter other enchants. I'd love your opinion on enchant ideas posted or some of your own ideas on new enchants.:-D

16. Venerg

Venerg Mod

Venerg
    Mod
    I have mixed feelings about this topic, I can agree that people love that they wouldn’t get debuffed with the new “antidote” enchantment but I can also see how this enchantment is too OP.

My personal suggestion:
    Bringing a effect level down instead of removing all effects with the “antidote” enchantment.

This method would also give the oppertunity to bring more stages of the “antidote” enchantment
    • Antidote 1
    • Antidote 2
    • Antidote 3 ?
    Exemple:
    Someone hits you with a toxic 3 sword, and you have antidote 2, it would remove 2 levels of poison, what would only give you poison 1. And if you were to be hit with a Slowness 2 sword (and you have a antidote 2 armor piece) it would remove the whole slowness effect.

[+1 level of “antidote” would remove -1 effect level]

~ Venerg

#16 Venerg, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  17. Shadow1021

Shadow1021 Active Member

iWaroz
    Veteran
    Venerg i agree i was thinking that the different levels could reduce the time that youre affected upon getting hit or to make a antidote enchant for every effect and you can only have 2 or sthg.

18. pFET

pFET Well-Known Member

pFET
    Veteran
    I kind of like this:

19. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

EmberNoah
    God
    I feel as though it shouldn't negate all negative effects, but maybe have a chance to negate them as the weapon itself as a chance to deliver them..

And I also feel like this was added because of everyone complaining of blindness and slowness.

#19 Noah, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  20. Thorn

Thorn Member

Thorn_Harvestar
    Raider
    This is absolutely the worst idea ever. What about people who paid real money for enchant tokens? What about people who spent hours grinding so they could get the tokens for the enchantments that this will make useless? Personally, I spent a great deal of time grinding mcmmo alchemy on skyblock, and this comes just in time for my wither potions to become useless too.

This doesn't even help the really new people who need it the most if they want to come PVP. Because all the more experienced players will have the new enchant in addition to all those special sword enchantments to kill new people more quickly.