Addressing posts about Becto

Discussion in 'General' started by guthixUll, Apr 29, 2019.

1. guthixUll

guthixUll Well-Known Member

Lord_Guthix
    God
    Hello, my name is Guthix I'm here to address the people who are flooding forums about Becto's current situation about population drop and anything related.

NOTICE: before i make my points is that Becto is a LARGE server with a SMALL staff team that is able to actually help. We as a community can throw an abundance of suggestions and opinions out there but those can only be situated as fast as staff can handle them. I've noticed people are demanding change for Becto & here is what I have to say about this :).

Survival: This is the main server I play on.

- Survival is facing a reset, it has underwent BETA testing. the BETA was tested by multiple players of all ranks. There WILL be change in this reset I can assure you. (Survival has NO set date to reset). I am also not allowed to inform anyone of the changed within the beta.

KitPvP:

- KitPvP to my knowledge is also being worked on for future updates
    (KitPvP has NO set date for a reset)

FACTIONS:

- Well.. Factions went through a season update and it was a BIG change to the factions players, unfortunately it wasn't up to par with the factions community. I can't put my own opinion towards factions because I do not play it. but what I've heard is there are many bugs, poor choices when it came to enchantments, and a lack of communication with the community.

- I can say these problems have partially and will end up being fully recognized and worked on throughout the season, unfortunately it may take some time due to the large schedule the senior staff already face with updates, general staffing and so on.

CREATIVE: I forgot who but they mentioned it should be updated to the most recent patch, I do agree with this but we ALL have to look at it from a broader view. There is SO much more ahead that should be focused on more so then creative, creative IS our least populated server because well, it's creative.

PRISON:
    We don't hear a lot from prison, whether it be updates or what's going to happen with it & in my opinion I'd be nice to even hear they're not doing anything with it for the time being, any communication is great communication at this point.

SKYBLOCK: We all know skyblock is the most popular server on Becto following up with the survival and factions servers and in my opinion maybe skyblock could use some updates further down the road but the other servers need it so much more, skyblock is pretty solid as it is.

So in summary, for the people that demand change, and are upset about lack of updates (I am one of them as well). Please hang tight. IT'S COMING. And I'm sure we will all be happy when it does, give our staff team some credit as they do this all out of passion.

However, in my opinion, I do wish senior staff would address us as a community through forums with their OWN threads what's going on with the server, sort of a staging branch of what's going on with Becto, pre-patch updates with a locked thread. This most likely will help us wait better, to clear that up; no one likes to be in the dark about their favorite server! x)

Also, I'd love to see our Junior staff (below admin) show themselves more in general, as a resigned staff member I was highly motivated to help the community and keep the bad players out and STILL played on the server on a consistent bases, now it feels staff are notified on discord that there's a toxic player or hacker and they'd log on to deal with it. that doesn't really look like a motivated staff member, my advice if you dislike being staff resign, and enjoy Becto as a player once again. (This isn't directed at all of the staff only the people who do it).

all in all Becto has always had potential. It's had it's ups and downs but to be honest as a playerbase we need to be patient, the time will come when Becto become great again sit tight, hopefully staff will come up with some pre-patch news and I think we'll be good.

... please stop flooding forums with "becto is dying how can we fix it" threads..

sincerely,

Guthix

#1 guthixUll, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  2. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    I agree, but if becto doesn't have more than bass's and jet as developers, will the needed reworks of several servers be done in a timely fashion to save.becto from dying completely?

3. guthixUll

guthixUll Well-Known Member

Lord_Guthix
    God
    It's up to you as a players that has already been addressed there is change coming whether you want to wait it out or not, devs are expensive, hard to find reliably and hard to trust. Runescape was a game heading in the wrong direction and theyre a multiple million dollar company and they lost THOUSANDS of players before even doing what they wanted. they finally opened up their OSRS servers and the game is once again booming. Games can die off servers can do but with the right touch it can be brought back in time.

4. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Anything to save becto, becto is NOT going in the right direction in my opinion, but I hope it gets better.

5. Kewrai

Kewrai Admin

Kewrai
    Admin
    This was needed to be said. Thanks Guthix.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Vindigo

Vindigo Admin

Vindigo
    Admin
    This is very well said. Thank you! I doubt becto will die anytime soon, people are fighting for it and Bas and Jet are working hard to keep becto a great server, these things simply take time.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  7. Warrior356

Warrior356 Well-Known Member

Warrior356
    God
    Becto is already dead he said nothing which has not already been said! You guys keep reseting server and advertising without keeping the other gamemodes fresh so no nothing new here! Its upto the whole team not just Jet and Bas!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Dymethius

Dymethius Well-Known Member

DankerMemes
    Veteran
    Jet and Bas are developing and managing the servers and their updates. Everyone else is there to help with rule breakers. They don't work on servers.

9. Warrior356

Warrior356
    God
    There inactive! Being active on the forums is not helping the community! They are all just doing tickets!!

10. Kewrai

Kewrai Admin

Kewrai
    Admin
    Whom is inactive? Just because we are not online 24/7 does not count as inactivity. We are voltunteers to moderate the server, not developers. I’m sorry if you don’t like the fact that not everyone can code for Bas, but we are plenty active doing what we were told to do by our upper management.

11. Dymethius

Dymethius Well-Known Member

DankerMemes
    Veteran
    Who is inactive? If you're talking about Jet or Bas, they aren't always on the server, but they're probably working on it when they have time.

12. Warrior356

Warrior356
    God
    Havn't seen you on in days nor The rest of your team the only 1 I saw on was staryln!

Not them. You're just being dumb at this point! You can't have an updated server with inactive Helper/Mods/Admins (Cause you know new nubs need help and no one wants to help you wanna know why? Cause the staff seem like they don't care anymore so why should the community care of helping it grow!). You need them on atleast 4 times a week for atleast 2hrs!

13. Kewrai

Kewrai Admin

Kewrai
    Admin
    I'm always around. I'm always available, unless at work. ;-) You don't have to see an Admin to know that they are there. Quite the opposite of what admins are for, dear. You aren't always supposed to see us. You're just supposed to trust that we are doing our jobs, which is what we are doing. Please refrain from claiming that staff isn't doing their job, or they are inactive, when you don't have access to the details that our STAFF MANAGER does with our exact activity.

If staff is inactive, the manager deals with it. You can be rest assured of that.

14. Warrior356

Warrior356
    God
    Lmao! The server has MOSTLY Admins and you tell me we ain't suppost to see you around and we should trust you! look what happend we 'trusted' you and look at the player count! You can't always hide you should be treated like a helper! Not because you are in a higher position you should just do tickets and come ban when there is a report ticket!

15. Kewrai

Kewrai Admin

Kewrai
    Admin
    Elaborate. What have the admins done to cause that issue? You just are sounding silly at this point.
    Hide? We're only in vanish when we are catching hackers. Again, you sound a little silly right now.
    Part of our job is to do tickets. Another part is #support. Another is active moderation, which is what we can do when we are able to. Again, each of us are doing exactly what it is we are required.

Also, no, you're incorrect about the staff team being mostly Admins. Its just the admins that are the most active, because our extra duties call for it. Please don't over look into the situation unless you actually know what is actively going on in the staff sidelines. It just looks plain silly.

16. Vindigo

Vindigo Admin

Vindigo
    Admin
    Just because your timezone doesn't match up with ours does not mean we are inactive. Please make sure you have your facts straight before trying to make a whole staff team look bad.

17. Warrior356

Warrior356
    God
    Inactive! /seen says it all!

Havn't seen any staff catch a hacker Since Soapiee left!

I might not know whats going on the staff sideline all I can say is that it ain't working anymore! The community gave up! You guys are looking bad being inactive and every time we say that you guys got an excuse waiting which is always the same cause we got work we got irl situation right know but its ok cause Dean knows. Its Not OKAY because you guys take advantage of that and go missing for months! And as usal if we bring it up you guys make us seem like the bad guys. When in reality we are just trying to help

18. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy Well-Known Member

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    Hire some devs I've said this before you guys spend hundreds a month advertising. Why advertise a server with no content?

19. dean142

dean142 Manager

Silent_Opacity
    Manager
    @Warrior356 I'm not sure what your problem is here. By your last statement you say your trying to "help" I don't see how flaming the staff team is helping at all. If you have an issue with anything my pms are available for flaming.

20. Kewrai

Kewrai Admin

Kewrai
    Admin
    [​IMG]
    You just lost your credibility.

You sound so silly right now. You should stop while you are ahead. We ban hackers/mute by the hour, all of us.

You're really one to talk at this point, you havent been online in almost 2 days and a half. How can you claim you know if staff is inactive? You can't, at this point.
    Dogging on the team gets you nothing. Zip. Zero.
    That's all you've done since day one.