Add a new server?

Discussion in 'Declined suggestions' started by shaqs_burritos, Mar 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Dear becto, you have a great server with 200-400 players online at all times. I think it is time to make some new server(s). Becto already has great factions, prison, skyblock, kitpvp, creative, and survival game modes. I suggest an addition to the server of either some sort of OP factions or prison, or several small mini game servers, like what is on hypixel, which mostly has short mini-games. I know staff do alot every day, so if this addition took place, it might take longer due to future resets, and cleaning up bugs on factions. This is a suggestion so far out their, I just want to hear the community's opinion.

2. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Well-Known Member

bordrr
    God
    Not sure if I can talk about it but Jet has spoken to me about a gamemode/server that could be coming soon but I don’t think he wants me to talk about it publicly.

But besides that, I don’t know if I can agree. Adding a new gamemode/server could possibly drop the player count from many of the popular gamemodes/servers (factions, survival, etc).
    But I mean I guess that’s just what’s gonna happen with any server.

3. hughes955

hughes955 Active Member

hughes955
    Raider
    This is an interesting topic that I've thought some about. Yes, a new gamemode would be nice, but like BorderPlayz pointed out, it could lead to a drop in player count. It's never good when a new server draws attention from other gamemodes and causes people to lose interest. Don't get me wrong, expansion is a good thing, but just maybe not at this point.

4. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    Adding a mini-game server to the server has been brought up a ton of times. Their reason for turning down the suggestion is that the server isn't big enough. Even with Op Factions or Op Prison, these gamemodes will either take all the players, leaving the other gamemodes without any players, or won't have any players. It may attract new players, but if I already have a base, and a bunch of items on factions, or a high rank on prison, I wouldn't switch over to the other server, or play both. Maybe people would switch after a reset, but resets aren't common. We are under staffed, and our staff team are pretty inactive, so more gamemodes means more work for them, and that means more problems.

5. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Member

LovingJames
    Plus
    a new server could be added depending on the staff's activity on becto.net (all staff are usually inactive; including iBasss himself).

6. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    Yes staff are inactive, but you obviously don't know what bas does for the server

7. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Member

LovingJames
    Plus
    yeah i don't, but you would never really see the owner of becto.net online as much or for any server

8. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    A new game mode could be a nice addition but the community has made some very valid points regarding player counts and if the added game mode would actually be an asset to Becto. I'm neutral on the idea, not sure what a new server could mean for Becto and it's community.

9. Mildsawss

Mildsawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    I'm gonna go on a limb and move this to denied. Becto doesn't really strike me as a minigame type server, and really, we have the main game-modes as it is. This might be something Bas would look into on his own account in the future, but for now, we have our necks up with Survival, and the other servers that need some more love.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Sorry for the delay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.