A Tribute to Becto

Discussion in 'Intros & Outros' started by PigsPaluza, May 16, 2019.

1. PigsPaluza

PigsPaluza Well-Known Member

Pigasaur
    God
    Dear gamer,

I don't quite know why I am writing this but I feel like it's something I would regret not doing sooner.. if that makes sense. Basically I wanted to make a memoire of my experiences in Becto and why I grew to love it so dearly and all the bumps in the path as well. I wouldn't call this an outro because it is quite likely that I will randomly get in to it again for a month like I have about 6 times in the past year. I definitely wouldn't call it an intro so I guess we will call this a pause, and a time to think back on the universe that we have tailored ourselves in this simplistic sandbox game.

So I have been playing Minecraft since about when it was released back in god knows what year and I played it pretty steadily for the next 5. Then I kind of fell off and got focused on other games and other hobbies until in 2017 my friend Hatty (Some of you may know him as Hatty.poo, poopasuar, or lettirs) called me up and invited me to his house to play some Minecraft because he had just gotten the game himself. I showed up and he set me up on this busted laptop that didn't even have a working trackpad (trackpad gang) so we had to plug in an old mouse. Once I had logged in he told me he had found this cool factions server and at first I was pretty skeptical because that was one of the mainstream game modes I tended to stay away from for whatever reason, but he grabbed the computer and typed in the IP: becto.net. That first night was amazing. The server had truly gotten us hooked. We stayed up till 3am playing until we got yelled at by his stepdad for being too loud. Unbeknownst to me that weekend spent at his house would mark the beginning of a whole chapter of my life around this community as odd as it sounds.

After that weekend we had run into a problem. We both lived in different houses and at the time we were 14 and we did not have cell phones yet. This complication led us to the application of Discord. With this we talked to each other and later found out that we could talk to a whole lot of other Becto goers too. This was when we started to take off in factions. We had moved out of our crappy vault and had been recruited by a small faction called CloutGang (cringe yeah whatever) and they showed us a few things but not much. About a few days in to that we realized there were better things and I had been looking into a faction in the top 10. FunnyFish. I had somehow squeezed my way in to being a recruit and had gotten in on some certain terms. Unluckily though they got insided that same day and me being the new kid on the block got blamed for it. So me and Hatty were back to square one. Until we met someone by the name of Dash. To be honest I don't know what he saw in us but it must have been something. He picked us up and brought us to his faction Brus. This faction had a corner base on lock and a solid position in the top 5 for a majority of that season (4). Dash taught us everything there was to know while also using us for some grindy basework. I think very often of the nights spent in a call with him, bloop, hidden, Hatty, and myself while we grinded out walls which had to be placed by hand at the time. Around this time I also met Hidden. I am willing to bet that if you are reading this you have heard that name. I met him in Brus and he had the same air of factions know how that I had seen in Dash. We played on Brus until about halfway through the season until our main base was raided and the faction was inevitably disbanded. Dash showed little interest in starting from the ground up and left it to Hidden to found our new faction: White. This was obviously a shot to a clan we had grudges with called Black. We set up our base next to Bloop and Clan and we had it going pretty good for a while. We destroyed Blacks base running a wither straight through (Damn yalls cobwebs by the way). Although this was not our only competition and we were slightly overrun by other factions. This was no matter though because we just merged with Clan and stayed with them for the rest of the season. It was about this time that my interest had started to fade and when the season reset and season 5 came out I was gone. I don't know why I left but I knew I would come back eventually..

One day I was sitting at home bored and I figured that maybe I would hop on Minecraft and see what was up. Without even thinking my brain instantly joined Becto out of habit from doing it so many times. I hopped on factions and Season 5 was going pretty good but it didn't really strike my interest, so I hoped over to prison because I knew some people would be there. Low and behold Hidden was on and I immediately got in a call with him and I found myself being drawn back into Bectos hold once again. This time we played prison, and boy were we unstoppable. Hidden had his usual goal of striking it rich and he did just that. He made hundreds of billions of dollars and even helped me earn my way to Prestige II. Hatty didn't take to well to prison and he stayed playing fort nite (what a loser). Me and Hidden were truly unstoppable and I mean that in every sense. We had a cluster of plots in the middle of nowhere and our plots became one of the most visited places next to the actual server warps. We ran the economy. People didn't sell to the shop, they sold to us! ..and then we sold to the shop. We exploited one of the most obvious economy holes left by Becto in that God ranks and higher mines made more money for selling the same stuff. So they would sell to us at a higher price than their shop but a lower one than ours. Every block someone mined was capitalism inching forward for all parties. I think it was about this time that I took on a short-lived ambition to become a helper. There were some questionable people obtaining the position so I figure I had a shot. My first application went very well and I was only denied under the pretense that it wasn't a good time for me to be helper. (I disagree with this because at the time and maybe even now Becto was understaffed and some of the staff was underknowledged) Although in the 2 month wait to reapply I was busted for hacking because I was using some auto clickers to expedite the process of hitting spiders. (damn lol) It was only a 7 day ban but it no doubt voided any chance at staff. This did not hinder my passion for playing on bento and me and hidden continued playing prison a lot until factions season 5 was coming to a close and we started planning.

What did we start planning you may ask? We were planning our intentions of making season 6 of factions ours. Around this time Hatty finally came back and joined in our planning as well as swahzy (an old timer from season 4 who actually insided us then, I still love him tho cuz he didn't do it again). Our plan was simple at face value but it did have its intricacies. As soon was the doors were open and season 6 was off we were full steam ahead. We didn't get a corner claim but that didn't matter we sat on the border and made the biggest base that becto has surely ever seen. Out faction was called Holy and it lived up to its name. We made it to #1 in the first few weeks and we stayed there for the rest of the time we played. Our faction was a super power rivaled only by QuickDrop. I am not gonna lie this faction and its allies really gave us a run for our money. They made a few good raid attempts on us as well as we did to them. Before all this though we had collected a massive amount of blaze spawners right at about 100. This number was a bit too fishy as well as a named spawner pick that he pulled out of god knows where. Very long story short he took our spawners away for a while until we proved our innocence and they were replaced. This season was probably most memorable from the obsidian biomes, the economy we ran, QuickDrop duping, and their leader who will remain sorta anonymous spent about 1000$ on in game items. One aspect of factions that most people have a love hate relationship with is scamming. If you don't know scamming is 100% legal in factions and is a regular part of the game. It was about mid season when me and Hidden (well mainly hidden) pulled off the biggest scam that I have heard about on becto to this day. Somehow we got the leader of QuickDrop to buy us about 140$ worth of stuff to trade us in turn for basically our faction. The plan was for hidden to nab the items while me and an ally distracted him. We had a codeword that was some weird thing that hidden would say in chat and we would go in. Hidden said the word and we were not ready for it. Hidden still got the stuff but we were very late on the distracting which was very very funny at the time.
    A little bit later we finally had found a bug in the base of QuickDrop and we amassed a force to be reckoned with composed of many factions all united against QuickDrop who had earned themselves a high ranking on the universal Hitlist. They were offline and we ran through with a wither pretty efficiently but it still took hours of work. Eventually we got in and destroyed their ftop value and our competition was gone.

So a few months ago from the time I am writing this the biggest enemy came against our beautiful faction: CS:GO. This game stole our members and it stole me as well. Me, hidden, and swahzy along with others began playing it more and more and spending time on becto less and less. Eventually we had too many members kicked for being afk and our power dropped too low. Our base that had amounted to be so great toppled in a few short hours when we finally went "overclaimable".

This really marks the end of this era of my time on becto. I haven't talked to many of them in a while but I think of them often and I know one day we will reunite. It seems crazy the friendships I have built with some of these people who I have never met and never will met but they seem just as real as the ones I have made in real life, and that is why I can not thank Becto enough for guiding me in certain times in my life and how I really owe this server a lot more than I can ever give as much as I will try. I would also like to add that the community on Becto's discord is excellent as well. They have their own culture there I swear to god. I have met some very nice and cool people on there and I have spent countless hours in calls talking to some of them and getting to know a few of them pretty well. I would even call up faucet or sick about things that happened irl. I really felt comfortable talking in there.

Like I said this is no goodbye, but a see you later becto. (because I most definitely will)

Kind regards,
    Ethan, PigsPaluza, Pigasaur, Numbirs, or whatever you know me by

Post Script

Thanks for reading this far if you did and I would love to hear anything you have to say or share in the comments whether it be critiques or old memories that this post wouldn't be complete with out.

Also I know some of you may hate on this but I really don't care I didn't write it for you. I wrote it for the people I played with for years no matter what faction they were in ally or enemy I appreciate you all because it wouldn't be the same without each and everyone of you, truly. So if you do leave slanderous comments just know that no one could care less.

#1 PigsPaluza, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019 at 3:09 AM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  2. SickHumor

SickHumor Well-Known Member

10/10 worth the read, 10/10 glad to see your not leaving becto. We gotta talk more though dude xD

3. Dreamwreath_

Dreamwreath_ Well-Known Member

DreamingOfTrees
    God
    :crab: swahzy is gone :crab:

4. 10scorpion19

10scorpion19 Well-Known Member

10scorpion19
    God
    Beautiful...just beautiful.

5. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

ThiccBoogie
    God
    I enjoyed reading this. But...... I still can't believe you sent me a screenshot of you Hacking though lmao. I was surprised about it too because you were one of the last people I would've expected to Hack considering the type of person you came off as and how much you wanted to become staff at the time.

6. Piccoman

Piccoman Well-Known Member

NessFire
    Invader
    I'll miss you yet another active player leaves Becto factions, at this point there's probably more that have left than stayed. It's really sad to see you leaving we had a lot of great memories of playing cs-go together like that time you guys got raided while playing with us or that time where Euhan decided to blow up your own base for ***** and gigs. I hope taking a break from Becto allows you to be as happy as you were in season 4.

#6 Piccoman, May 16, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2019
  7. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    White and Clan never merged, I took in a few people periodically that happened to have been in White (against my wishes for some) but by no means did we merge. On a real note though it's probably a good thing you got over claimed Swahzy would of just insided again and you probably wouldn't still be talking to him.

8. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Pig it poop, pig or poop? Well thank you for interesting read!

9. hobikenobi69

hobikenobi69 Well-Known Member

wulz
    God
  10. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    whats with that named spawner pick?
    because I don't really know what was so special about it.
    please let me know cuz it sounds interesting.

also, pretty sure Holy (your faction) was duping aswell, not alot and super obvious but those "dupes of gapples" weren't legit.

11. PigsPaluza

Pigasaur
    God
    You were right it wasn't a complete merge but you took in enough people and I didn't explain more just to save space on this already enormous post. Swahzy would have never betrayed us even if we made it through that entire season. For one he got banned and secondly we talked everyday and played things other than Minecraft and it would have been foolish to think his loyalties were else where.

Bloop I have looked up to you since the first days I joined becto and this toxicity you put in to everything does not belong on this post where I am just trying to share my time on becto.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. PigsPaluza

Pigasaur
    God
    So the whole spawner pick incident was when a person had been caught exploiting a glitch using a spawner pick that never broke so as the person broke a spawner the pick wouldn't break but would just take some durability damage. We still don't know who it was but they got banned for it and jet puffed kinda combed the server for things like it and he found a renamed low durability spawner pick in the pv of hidden. Hidden had been naming all his tools and armor because he had a lot of it and accidentally named his spawner pick something random. With this he didn't really want to waste it just yet and didn't use it on spawners but used it to break blocks because our god picks would break a lot more blocks than the one we were trying to mine. So the pick had some durability damage and when jet found it he thought we had used the same glitch as the random kid to obtain our some 70 blaze spawners at the time. So he took them away. All of them. This was not true and after a day of begging jet he tried the spawner pick and it worked as intended and he figured out it was all a misunderstanding and he returned the blaze spawners.

On the note of duping. Yes there was some duping in the very early stages and me and hidden did not condone any of it and we compelled out few members who did do it to stop immediately and those who did not were kicked and one was even turned in. (names will remain anonymous for obvious reasons)

• Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  13. PigsPaluza

Pigasaur
    God
    I will definitely miss those crazy moments too and yeah I'm still pissed at euhan

14. PigsPaluza

Pigasaur
    God
    Yeah I really regretted all of that and I got what I deserved, but I still really enjoyed spending time dicking around with you and xeo. You two were some of the best staff I have ever met and you all were probably the reason I wanted to be one in the first place.

15. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    I simply corrected you about Clan and stated a statement that is pretty true. Swahzy tried insiding Brus several times despite talking in discord everyday and playing other games, same thing goes for the faction White except for this time he succeeded. You weren't overrun by other factions for White Swahzy literally unclaimed your base so Bobross could claim it. I've known Swahzy longer and have seen all the scummy actions or backstabbing he's done. You may consider what I'm saying to have toxicity but I guarantee you that you wouldn't let him borrow any sort of expensive skin on CS:GO, hand the dude a knife skin and see what happens to your friendship or loyalty you share. There's no beating around how things are and no pretty words to make this topic not appear "toxic" but his track record speaks for itself, if anything take this as a warning and be cautious in the future. Not everything that's negative has to "toxic" and you shouldn't look at it that way. If you don't want anymore posts about it on this thread then don't reply to this message in this thread, you can DM me if you want instead.

16. PigsPaluza

Pigasaur
    God
    You blocked me though, unless you have unblocked me since.

17. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    This is dope, loved the anecdotes this thread brought. I am sure we will be back into Becto when they listen to the endless suggestions the community offers to them. Great post my friend!

18. PigsPaluza

Pigasaur
    God
    Thanks man. I really hope becto makes the needed changes and I look forward to when we all get back into it.

19. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    I don't have you blocked on the forums, and I didn't have you blocked on discord until not that long ago from your @everyone's in Holy discord.

20. Swahzyy

Swahzyy Well-Known Member

Swahzy
    God
    Nice to see bloop is still throwing shade on this and thank you Ethan for putting your time into creating this thread, but I have most definitely moved on to -better things-.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List