A reminder to those thinking of applying for Staff.

Discussion in 'General' started by ninamaile, Jul 11, 2019 at 3:27 AM.

1. ninamaile

ninamaile Active Member

ninamaile
    Veteran
    Disclaimer: I am aware I am not a staff member and it is totally not in my place to say the do's and dont's, however, these are some things I personally have messed up in and or other people have.

When applying for staff it is an instant +1 when you have followed the guidelines/formula's and correct outline for the application itself. If you fail to follow this step it is an instant -1 for most voters. Secondly, it is important that you are active on all servers, and on the forums, the staff do pay attention to this detail because it shows that you are active on Becto and are aware of the rules that apply to this server. It is also important that you are respectful and know how to talk in a formal calm way towards others. It is also very important that you can handle yourself in heated and or high-stress conversations with others, and that you do not lash out or be rude to players who are breaking the rules. You must be able to easily spot hackers, and or people who are bypassing the language filter. You must be able to handle yourself in a formal manner when around other's and be kind and respectful to players. I think this is pretty much covering it, I have seen many applications that do not do the first step which is the outline and it is disappointing to see them get rejected because of it when it could very easily be avoided. <3

Like I said up top, I do know I am not a staff member and it isn't in my place to be mentioning this, I also understand to some people reading this, this is common sense, however many applications fail to follow simple steps.

2. Кровь

Кровь Well-Known Member

Razrabochik
    God
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. LillithxXxCloud

LillithxXxCloud Active Member

LillithxXxCloud
    VIP
    There definitely should be an update for that, though. Lol. Probably should be longer than this post tho.

4. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    I feel like anyone who is fit for staff already does all of these things regardless of whether or not they are thinking of applying for staff. What staff look for is the ability of a person to exhibit these traits on a daily basis regardless of their ambitions regarding future staff membership.

Idk if this thread was a passive aggressive slight because you think that you should be staff based on your previous applications, or you are genuinely trying to help people out. Regardless, this thread is worthless.

A worthy applicant exhibits the traits you expressed without having to read this thread telling them what a good staff member is.

Regarding your opening statements about votes from others, your statement about the “+1” is not only false, but ignorant. People don’t vote positively based on just format. If anything, it’s the complete opposite. People never vote for someone solely based on format. As for the statement about the “-1”, you are completely correct. This might be the only important part of the thread. People can not only look to this thread to gain insight on how to not get a “-1” vote, they can also take note of all of your previous applications. I think the lessons that others can take from your previous applications might just be the only positive thing you have given to this community.

All in all, this is a worthless thread and it shows that you really haven’t looked at many other staff applications. You somehow still don’t understand how the process works even after applying so many times.

@Meddi lol

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    To be honest I think you are the last person that should be giving advice on how to apply for staff since you've failed to make a good application 3 times now. Not to mention you only get on the forums to apply for staff for the most part. Honestly when I saw you posting to get your post count up I sighed and was like staff application when. This thread overall just seems like a ploy to help yourself when you next apply. Maybe have a somewhat decent application that follows the format first before you give other people advice, I know it sounds harsh but just looking at your past staff applications shows you aren't the person to turn to for advice when applying.

Here's a list to all 3 of your applications https://becto.net/threads/hiring-application.5288/#post-40012 - https://becto.net/threads/ninamaile.5290/ - https://becto.net/threads/hiring-application.5363/#post-40814

6. Кровь

Кровь Well-Known Member

Razrabochik
    God
    I agree with the above, I think this should be a thread, but under guides, posted by a staff member or someone who has been accepted and has had a good history.

7. Makeb

Makeb Well-Known Member

Makeb
    God
    This.

And this.

8. ninamaile

ninamaile Active Member

ninamaile
    Veteran
    After reading the responses, I see your points and although I have stated at the beginning that it is not in my place at all to be even mentioning it I thought I'd state the mistakes I made in order to help others. I am aware I have been denied 3 times for staff which is why I mentioned several times that I am not on the team, this isn't a staff application which should be treated so seriously and harshly, I am simply stating some obvious points I missed on after reading some applications they did not do some of these. Obviously I am not a staff member due to the mistakes and unresponsible choices I have made in the past however , these points were brought to my attention by others when I did apply, the links are in Bloopaloop's response and I thought I would summarize them up for others to read and possible learn from my mistakes. Thank you for your time.

9. ninamaile

ninamaile Active Member

ninamaile
    Veteran
    Understandable, and I am fully aware I am not staff, as mentioned prior to starting the paragraph. These points were simply brought to my attention as I was applying and I felt they should be shared because I see a lot of applications that do not follow the exact criteria. It is not here to say this is all you need to be a staff member etc , it is also not a outline you should follow because it does not include all parts of being staff however it is the mistakes I have made and the unresponsible things I have done that should be mentioned to the public so others thinking of applying that know the outline can remember to not make the same mistakes as I did.
    Thank you for your time, I apologize for the poor wording and the misunderstanding that followed this thread.