A Memorial--xAnarchyGamingx

Discussion in 'Intros & Outros' started by Dawnshadow842, May 9, 2020.

1. Dawnshadow842

Dawnshadow842 Active Member

Dawnshadow842
    Veteran
    Hi forums friends. I got some sad news today and wanted to make a post on here about it. It just seemed like the right thing to do, I guess.

I recently met xAnarchyGamingx, also known as Tanner, through a very close friend of mine. The two of them, and Tanner's brother YaBoiGump, as well as a few of our other friends used to play on Becto pretty regularly. To my knowledge, they played primarily Survival, Prison, and Skyblock. ZenaKrimzon still plays to this day, now with me. I'm not sure if anyone here would remember them, I'm not sure if they even talked in chat, but I wanted to make this post as a little memorial to their time together on Becto.

You see, the bad news we got was that Tanner was killed in a car accident last night. I may have only just met him, but I really wish I could have gotten to know him better, and my friends have been hit hard by this. I think seeing a bunch of memories of him immortalized on the forums here could be helpful for all of us, so if there's anyone here who remembers him, my friends and I would love to hear what you remember. If you've got screenshots, please, send them. I'll be sending what I collect from our friend group here as well, with their permission, of course.

To start that off, here's what Zena had to say about him:

"Back when I was young, like middle school young I started playing a pirated version of Minecraft on the computers. I was frightened of everything, didn't know to craft or how to defend myself- but I liked the game oddly enough. I purchased the game and played alone at home until I found something called Evolve. It hooks lan worlds together for people, no matter the distance to play. I started going onto lan and working beside other players, and soon I met Tanner... A completely random chance encounter. For some reason, we hit off and sent each other friend requests. Our friendship flourished and I was soon introduced to his brother, YaBoiGump. I'm sure I passed some sort of 'trust test' to be allowed to meet him, and later it seems I passed another level as I met members of their family. See, they would play Minecraft and sometimes play it up on their TV in the main rooms of their home. Their grandma would sometimes watch and learned to recognize my voice because we played so frequently. We spent hours upon hours together- it seemed like we played together almost every day. Together they would introduce me to all sorts of new servers and be my bodyguard while I slowly learned the game with so many different game modes. I would stay at the base mostly because it was safer- and because of that, I kept myself busy by organizing chests and tending to at home problems so they could do whatever they pleased.

This shaped how I played, honestly. I still play in a very similar fashion out of habit... Simply because that's how I played with those two. As time advanced I was shown more Minecraft worlds which in the end lead me to Blurook and Panfurr. Then, they also lead me to SpeedyMG, Quality Control, and Corrin33. Almost all my friendships today stem from the chance meeting Tanner and I had... I don't know why I'm saying all this- perhaps typing it out helps soothe me and organize my mind. It might sound stupid but I never expected to one day... lose Tanner. Even when we stopped talking for months at a time I knew we would talk again one day- it was the type of friends we were. We teased, laughed, yelled, and joked all the time without worry. Everything just felt so natural to us and the world seemed unable to touch him from my eyes. He always remained calm and a steady rock in my life."

I'm doubtful many here would remember him, but just the fact that you took the time to read this sad little post means a lot to me and those of my friends who have sent me things to post here. Thank you.

2. Dawnshadow842

Dawnshadow842 Active Member

Dawnshadow842
    Veteran
    "Tanner had a thing with mob heads. He never removed the dang heads"

"Those heads will stay there forever, a monument to an amazing friend"

"YUP, may they lag the server forever"

Attached Files:

3. Swahzyy

Swahzyy Well-Known Member

Swahzy
    God
    :-( life does things like that sometimes, I will forever remember Tanner <3

4. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothie_
    Invader
  5. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

Shaqs
    God
    My condolences to everyone affected. So sad I never met him, seems like a charming fellow.

6. Raider2x

Raider2x Well-Known Member

chickapedia
    Veteran
    Heartbreaking man. I truly am sorry. I will remember him for sure

7. Fornuftig

Fornuftig Well-Known Member

FlexOnTheEx
    VIP
    I am really REALLY sorry, i wish i met him or remember him...
    I really know how this feels, it's terrible to lose a close friend...
    Again im really sorry :/

8. Xeodis

Xeodis Well-Known Member

Xeodis
    God
    Some people say the good die young. That's a tragic thing and I'm sorry for your loss. Tanner sounds like he was an amazing young lad and did not deserve the fate brought upon him. People classify online friends as not real friends when that's wrong the closest friends I have are online and some of them I don't know what I'd do without. I clicked onto this forum post expecting a light-hearted remembrance of someone who was quitting the server and was sorely mistaken and wish it was so. There are people here on Becto who genuinely care myself included if you ever need to talk or are feeling down about it feel free to message me my discord is Xeodis#2897. I hope you can move past the grieving as fast as possible and always remember your friend for the great guy you talked about in this post.
    Rest in peace Tanner.

9. Cibr

Cibr Well-Known Member

Cqbr
    Ultra
    damn rip bro </3

10. sophiarox86

sophiarox86 Well-Known Member

sophiarox86
    Ultra
    agreed with lesbianradish, the comment wasn't necessary.
    even though I didn't know tanner personally, he seems like an amazing friend and a great person. i'm so sorry for your loss and truly my condolences. no one should ever have to make post a like this, but as a whole the community is here for you and we will remember the memories he left on becto. if you ever need to talk feel free to send me a message on discord sophiarox86#0238. again im so sorry for your loss </3

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Raider2x

Raider2x Well-Known Member

chickapedia
    Veteran
    Show some more respect man..

12. hannoyoko

hannoyoko Active Member

holhorses
    Ultra
    Prefacing this message to say how truly sorry I am. Tanner sounds like a fantastic person, and I hope that you are able to eventually find peace.
    I personally never knew Tanner, being relatively new to the server. However, he sounds like a fantastic person and friend. I am glad you were able to be friends with him and know him, even if your time was cut short. Losing someone is never easy, especially when unexpected. You guys sound like you had an amazing friendship, especially if you care enough to tell others of his passing. The good thing about things like this is that you will always have something to go back to, a place to remember him as well as the times you enjoyed together. Thank you for sharing his story with us.
    I hope you are doing alright, and may he rest in peace. Take care.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Jess3bum

Jess3bum Member

Prayne
    Plus
  14. uhsleep

uhsleep Well-Known Member

cwaire
    Invader
    my condolences to you and his loved ones, i hope you and others are able to find peace, give yourselves time to grieve. rest in peace tanner

15. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothie_
    Invader
    My apologies, I was just shocked that time, didn't find how to word it. The lost of a close friend, I've personality been through this, few months ago. It's really hard to understand one's feeling after such thing. All what stay in mind is memories, the sweet, funny and enjoyable ones.
    I didn't meet this person before, which is what made me feel worse, we have the opportunities to meet people, make friends and enjoy being with them while we're not sure we will tomorrow. As much as I felt bad for this, I wished we had the opportunity to meet and talk before, they seem to be a great person. Death was never the opposite of life, it's a part of it. Hope we will meet an other day, an other life. Rest in peace<3
    Take care everyone, my condolences to you and his family.

16. Harpsiacord

Harpsiacord Well-Known Member

Harpsiacord
    Ultra
    It’s a hard thing to go through losing a friend so unexpectedly like this. I wish I could say I knew Tanner, but I did not. He sounds like he was a great guy. I’m so sorry for your loss, and I hope his family and other friends are hanging in there in such a difficult time. You can message me if you ever need anything. <3

17. Jeremy Zero

Jeremy Zero Well-Known Member

ItsZero__
    Invader
    My condolences and best thoughts to the family and friends of tanner and may he R.I.P.

18. Canicks

Canicks Well-Known Member

Alexcreeper64
    God
    Rip my boy, I never knew him but he will be missed<3

19. esh

esh Well-Known Member

eshtravagent
    Invader
    Some people are taken from us way too early and he was one of them. My heart goes out to all his family and friends and I am here for anyone on Becto that was close to him. If you need someone to talk to my dms are always open. <3